Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:24 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:45 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I am in the process of converting a small boat trailer into a trailer for my Outback. In researching ideas, I discovered that Hobie has more recently added cradles for the Outback, part #72020407. I am wondering if these cradles attached to the crossbars of the trailer would be sufficient to protect the hull from deformation during storage between uses. Specifically, I would like to keep my kayak rigged and on the trailer in my garage, if possible. I am currently storing the kayak inverted on sawhorses, and it is getting to be a pain to rooftop it as I go fishing on it almost every weekend. Thanks for any assistance.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:32 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

If it helps, I mounted the PA cradles to a harbor freight trailer and store my PA14 on it. The PA14 sat on that setup for almost 14 months before I recently use it again.. saw no deformations on the bottom of the hull.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:53 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Thanks! I do appreciate the info. I just checked on this post for the first time this month because it had over 300 views and no replies. You'd think more people have used the cradles for long term storage or could share a little knowledge. I have much better luck getting info about my Hobie on Reddit than on this forum. Anyway, thanks again for the input.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:58 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I was looking for similar question on how to store my Compass permanently on a trailer and having it all rigged and ready to go.
Looks like these Hobie cradles in itself are quite pricey and statement should be made whether permanent storage is appropriate. I would think given the distribution of weight that should be a given?
Do cradles exist for the compass?
Good question many do have but no one wants to answer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH83HJFGnvU