Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:16 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:56 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

This is my first go at this type of device and I'm pretty happy with the results. In my opinion the island Vantage seats are severely lacking compared to the pro angler seats and most of all I miss the armrest which are even more necessary for getting up out of an island and it was the pro angler so that had to be incorporated. And they function fantastically the actor rod holders are just Within Reach that it's not too much of a stretch to grab a ride from there. The vertical t allows me to temporarily station a rod while I'm rebaiting or retying very convenient. I wanted a traveler type device to keep the sheet off of my head and yet still accommodate a better angle then if it were being fed through a fixed point on a bracket while keeping it contained. This part is worked out very well and I was a little surprised that I hit a good height on the first go. Not too low that it interferes with my headwear and not so high that it jacks up the angle of the sale

The Next Step is to add a couple of rod holders and a motor mount right in the front of the tank well area, figure out how to incorporate a new cup holder, and paint it of course. Maybe make another traveler "bow" in the rear of the tank well to keep the sheet above whatever's in it.

If there's anything I'm not real happy with is that the horizontal tubing behind the factory rod holder- holder goes well outboard of boat. It may make for a nice fender but not very aesthetic.

PS- I had the tiller turned 90 degrees out before dreaming up this contraption. Just so happens to almost be a necessity.

Last edited by Pescatoral Pursuit on Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:41 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Also have these guys strapped to the seat backs for quick convenient storage. I should've ordered a third to wrap around the front xbar.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:22 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

That's cool, pvc is so versatile.
Where did you purchase the mesh bags ?

Thanks
Chris

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:20 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

Online from a company called Forester. Incredible value. They velcro right to the top of the Vantage seat or crossbar

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:27 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Found them, Thanks

Chris

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:57 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Hey Pescatorial, the pix no longer show. Any chance you can fix them?

TIA, Bradley