Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:55 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 10:39 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I installed a fish finder on Hobie Revo 13 and powered it with a Car Jumper Battery.

Been using this battery for almost 3 years on my outback and it's one of the best power sources for any kayak fishfinder.

Below is a link to the video and information need for the project.
https://fishingwa.us/best-fish-finder-battery/

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:03 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Aha, this is a great post! I just bought one of these a couple of weeks ago, and have been noodling about how to wire it in. I am hopeful because it is 15 amp-hours, and my current LiPO battery is a motorcycle battery that only has 4 amp-hours of >12V service, so the FF runs out of juice after about 6 hours. Do you have any pix of what you did?

Mine has an on/off switch for the 12V outs, and I am worried that it might auto-shut off after a short period of time. Any issues like that?

Now, these are MUCH cheaper (50%) than the dedicated LiPO kayak batteries, and should be able to be spliced into our existing setups just like the old lead batteries. In fact, the unit I purchased claimed to be IP-87 water resistant, which is true as long as one leaves the silicone block in place that covers ALL of the charge ports, including the ones for the jumpers, DUH!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:08 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Whoops, I now see what you have going with that link, the INSTRUCTIONS on how to do what I asked. Thanks for posting that part, but my question about the power switch remains.