Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:43 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: H18 and Trailer for Sale
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 2:53 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I have a H18 and trailer for sale in Amsterdam, NY. I'm asking $1150

Overall in fair to good shape. I picked it up with the intention of getting it going, but didn't find the time to finish.

Trailer - Good shape, newish wheels and tires, never used, but have been sitting in the weather a few seasons. Has been stored off the ground. I greased the bearings with marine grease when I had it apart. I can't remember if I replaced the bearings or not, but I wouldn't have gone through the trouble of stripping the old grease and packing them if they were in bad shape. Needs lights and wiring, the old wiring is completely stripped and I wouldn't trust the condition of the taillights. Otherwise roadworthy and mostly rust free. I made some pressure treated "bunks" for the rollers, which are dry and cracking, I'm not sure if they roll.

Sails - Main is in excellent shape for its age, still crisp. I have all the battens and I believe most of the end caps. The jib is in good shape for its age. Has some fading from being furled, the zipper looks good, but some of the stitching needs to be gone over/repaired. No rips or tears in either. Color matching trap harnesses, one has a small catch/tear. The jib furler seems in good shape, but I've not tested it.

Mast and Boom - Good shape, straight with no signs of any kind of major dents or damage. The hardware is worn. The diamond wire is intact although old.

Hull - Good shape, although the port hull appears to have been repaired. It seems to be a decent job with the exception of the top coat flaking off. The drain ports will likely need to be replaced, I don't think they will seal in their current condition. No soft spots or delamination that I am aware of and the usual spider cracking for a boat this old. The deck hatches are serviceable, but I cracked a piece of one of them trying to get it open the first time. The front crossbar has some cracking at the mast step and will need to be repaired?/replaced. The rear crossbar is in good shape but the jam cleat is worn and loose. The tramp is in surprisingly good shape although the pockets will likely never hold more than a sheet of paper at this point. It looks like someone tried to fair the daggerbaord wells and did a poor job, they'll need to be cleaned up. The daggerboards have some chips in them and the EPO rudders are in good shape.

Rigging - I can't speak to the condition/quality of the running rigging hardware, blocks etc. Everything seems a bit worn, but I don't have enough experience to grade it. All of the standing rigging is accounted for and appears in fair to good condition. I've never had the mast up to test it. There are no lines.

I think that covers the main points. If anyone is interested or has any questions send me a PM and I'll give you my cell and email address.

https://imgur.com/a/lQQCLZJ