Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:35 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 1:07 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Chekika wrote:
Because of this thread length, I have made a Table of Contents. This Table is on P. 22, http://www.hobiecat.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=7276&start=315

Photobucket apparently has changed it's position and is again hosting photos. Accordingly, all my photos and other persons can now be seen on this thread...from the beginning.

Photobucket seems to have disappeared again--no photos from Photobucket are available. Any pictures on my posts are hosted by Cloudinary.com

Now, PB is back again and all my pictures are available again. Hopefully, as of 10:18 PM, May 25, 2018, they will stay...but don't count on it. :-)

Keith

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex ... It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." A. Einstein

Last edited by Chekika on Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 5:55 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Their behaviour is still inexcusable as far as I am concerned. Obviosly their initial attempt at extortion, by holding our existing images to ransom, was an abject failure, so now they are offering a greatly reduced amount. Am I the only one who believes this was the cynical strategy asll along, to initially offer a ridiculous price, and then subsequently appear to be the "heroes" by slashing the price?

Either way, I still want to find somewhere else to host my images to allow posting to 3rd parties without being robbed.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 7:52 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I've posted this elsewhere, but putting it here also. My Trailex trailer + cradles setup. My 2014 tandem (purchased new 2015) has been on this trailer since its purchase.

When I pull the boat up on the trailer, I pull it forward to the hitch.

The bow showing a bow support

The end view of a cradle

Keith

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex ... It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." A. Einstein

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 10:54 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Chekika wrote:
I've posted this elsewhere, but putting it here also. My Trailex trailer + cradles setup. My 2014 tandem (purchased new 2015) has been on this trailer since its purchase.

When I pull the boat up on the trailer, I pull it forward to the hitch.

Keith

With that much weight cantilevered past the rear support, you don't have sagging or buckling?

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 11:21 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

PP-none that I can see. A friend of mine said he had stored his TI similarly w/o problem, which is why I tried it. I don't use the boat from July to November. I may put some stern support under it this year during that time.

Keith

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:20 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Alligator kills woman in SFL

The woman was walking her dogs near this fresh water lake just outside of Miami. Dogs are like a magnet to gators. Nobody saw what happened, but you can guess something like, dogs go down to the water for a drink. Woman goes with them. Gater lurking in the water attacks the dogs, which escape (one was injured), but the woman does not. It is very rare for an alligator to kill a human in FL. But, it happens. Personally, I've always been leery around fresh water in FL. After dark, it is an absolute NO, NO.

Keith

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79