Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:21 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:05 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Join us for a Hobie Mirage kayak gathering at Fiddler’s Cove in San Diego, CA. This will be a fun-filled day with other Hobie kayakers. We plan to meet with the SCUZBUMS and maybe race our pedal kayaks with or without sails during the day. We also plan to pedal/sail all around South San Diego Bay and up to downtown, Seaport Village, and Shelter Island (to see the tall ships) if time permits.

If you have never been to Fiddler’s Cove, it’s a wonderful place to launch your kayak. It’s located on the Coronado side of San Diego Bay just south of Hotel del Coronado.

What to bring? Your Hobie Mirage Pedal Kayak 
(with or without sail), BYO food & drinks
Date: Friday, August 22, 2008 (All day)
NOTE: Enter the main gate and drive pass the RV park. Look for the SCUZBUMS at the end of the dirt lot. Park in the dirt lot. We will be hanging-out and launching the kayaks there.

Fore more information, click here:
http://web.mac.com/kdbundy1/Site_2/Blog/Blog.html

Post subject: Kayak day
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:33 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Hey kbteachme,

This sounds really cool. My one problem with the event is that I don't have an AI (yet), or any kayak for that matter. :( I am hoping to get an AI some day soon (money has a way of becoming an issue with these things). I would, however, still be interested in showing up for a little while, so I can observe some of the rigging and launching, and maybe ask a few questions.

Since my involvement would only be from the shore, it makes sense for me to be present when the initial rigging/launching is going to take place. Once all the kayaks become tiny blips on the horizon of the bay, there really isn't much point in me being there. I was wondering if you had an approximate time that you or some of the other AI-ers expect to arrive? That would be the time for me to be there as well.

Thanks,

Paul

Post subject: Re: Kayak day
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:42 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Paultergeist wrote:
Hey kbteachme,

This sounds really cool. My one problem with the event is that I don't have an AI (yet), or any kayak for that matter. :( I am hoping to get an AI some day soon (money has a way of becoming an issue with these things). I would, however, still be interested in showing up for a little while, so I can observe some of the rigging and launching, and maybe ask a few questions.

Since my involvement would only be from the shore, it makes sense for me to be present when the initial rigging/launching is going to take place. Once all the kayaks become tiny blips on the horizon of the bay, there really isn't much point in me being there. I was wondering if you had an approximate time that you or some of the other AI-ers expect to arrive? That would be the time for me to be there as well.

Thanks,

Paul

Hi Paul,

That would be great if you can showup and meet with us Hobie Mirage peeps at Fiddler's Cove this Friday. You might be able to use and try out our Mirage kayaks (I don't think there will be a problem with that). Also, you can meet with the SCUZBUMs peeps who have a lot of great ideas for rigging and you can demo some of their small sailing crafts. I'm hoping that a few reps from Hobie will show up like Paul Baker, Hobie Kayak Maintanance Manager. He sails his Adventure Island at Dana Point Harbor.

Looking forward to meeting you.

Cheers,
Kirk

Post subject: Friday
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:19 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Hey Kirk,

This Friday happens to be good for me, as I am off from work. I will be there at Fiddler's Cove.

Just to get things about right -- time-wise -- do you see this as a 7:00AM, 9:00AM, or more of a "noon-ish" sort of kick-off time?

Thanks,

Paul

Post subject: Re: Friday
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:23 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Paultergeist wrote:
Hey Kirk,

This Friday happens to be good for me, as I am off from work. I will be there at Fiddler's Cove.

Just to get things about right -- time-wise -- do you see this as a 7:00AM, 9:00AM, or more of a "noon-ish" sort of kick-off time?

Thanks,

Paul

Hey Paul,

Most peeps will be there around 9:00AM. Enter the main gate at Fiddler's Cove and look for the SCUZBUMs flag (www.scuzbums.org). We will be parking on the dirt just pass the RV park. I'm sure you will see Adventures and Islands around. I'm bringing my Adventure with sail.

See you there!

- Kirk

Post subject: Friday
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:30 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Hey Kirk,

Thanks! I'll look forward to meeting you there!

Paul