Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:52 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:43 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I'm pretty sure the spray dodger is not too popular among the TI owners. I am thinking of getting one. I can't seem to find any videos on YouTube of anyone using them.

I store my TI on a boat hoist. I also cover it with the Hobie Kayak cover when not in use. Does the Dodger lay "flat" can it be left installed but positioned flat easily? Lake Michigan and lake Leelanau can be cold, so I'm working on ways to reduce the cold.

Also, is there only one style dodger? If I buy any official Hobie Dodger, will it fit on my 2011 TI?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:50 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

For a Tandem Island you fit an Island dodger forward (#72730001 yellow or 72730002 silver) and a Mirage dodger aft (#72720 camo, 72721 silver, or 72722 yellow)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:27 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

leelanauX wrote:
I'm pretty sure the spray dodger is not too popular among the TI owners. I am thinking of getting one. I can't seem to find any videos on YouTube of anyone using them.

I store my TI on a boat hoist. I also cover it with the Hobie Kayak cover when not in use. Does the Dodger lay "flat" can it be left installed but positioned flat easily? Lake Michigan and lake Leelanau can be cold, so I'm working on ways to reduce the cold.

Also, is there only one style dodger? If I buy any official Hobie Dodger, will it fit on my 2011 TI?

There's avideo of one in use here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jomLypabrMM

I bought a camo one for duck hunting. I was less than impressed. One of the bungee traps came loose from the fabric before I used it. I returned it only to get a nice new style "camo" one which must have had glitter in it. There are no straps for grassing it up, so I couldn't hide the shine by grassing it up. There is only one style that comes in different colors. The thin fiberglass rods that hold it open didn't assemble correctly, I had to cut down one rod to make it fit properly. It was very difficult to get the bungee straps over the small pins that hold it open, even without gloves on. My small feet scraped the inside of the dodger. It does not lay down flat. I ended up selling the Outback and bought an AI. My duck hunting is reserved for a real duck boat or blind. If you want a dodger, you'd be better off making one using bimini hardware.