Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:18 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Sorry after wasting a whole afternoon of the short time I have left trying to get PB to not crash long enough to upload photos I gave up and did it this way, wondering how displaying photos on a forum could be made so difficult. Thanks Keith, I followed you're instructions but PB is just so unstable and convoluted I could only get One pic to display at a time and I am so bored with the whole process I wont be posting all the interesting pics I have of the MINI-AI my friend built from a REVO.

The Spinnaker is great, installation needs some small/simple Mods to make it work more easily and practice is essential if you don't want it tangled under the boat. (Hasn't happened to me because I was warned about how to Stow it properly).But hooting along at high consistent speeds makes it all worthwhile. (Average Speed is down because of a long lunch stop.)

SCROLL DOWN FOR MORE PICS I CAN ONLY GET ONE UP AT A TIME ATM, Thanks.

Last edited by skymax on Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:01 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Great to hear you have your spinnaker working Skymax. Sorry to hear you could not post pictures. My old instructions need to be updated. Photobucket can be frustrating for sure. Still, to its credit, it has never lost a picture of mine, and as long as I pay a small yearly fee, it keeps my pictures available, even from 10 yrs ago.

Keith

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex ... It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." A. Einstein

"Less is more" Anon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:58 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

During the winter, I get by with a cell phone hot spot that is limited to 5G so I dont use PB as they do all sorts of data loading besides the picture you want to post. I think its all harmless but I just dont have the data capacity.

If those pictures are on a FB account, you can show them on this site directly but the picture may be gone on a few months - which is often OK.

Im not sure if the FB picture even needs to have the "public" option but if you are on FB and display the picture in its full mode, do a right click and "copy image address"

Then on this forum, use the image button and paste the image address from facebook.

This picture is hosted on FB with a public setting.. You dont even need to have a FB account to see it, I just did what is described above.

FYI, I can not see the FB link you posted probably because of security settings. It would be interesting to see if you can get the direct link (described above) to work here with one of your pictures..

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:23 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Walt, all my pictures that I post on the Hobie forum and are hosted on PB are resized. They each range in size from about 200-400 KB. I guess your problem is with the extra advertising (for a fee you can get rid of that) which uses up your download budget.

Keith

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex ... It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." A. Einstein

"Less is more" Anon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:18 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Chekika wrote:
Great to hear you have your spinnaker working Skymax. Sorry to hear you could not post pictures. My old instructions need to be updated. Photobucket can be frustrating for sure. Still, to its credit, it has never lost a picture of mine, and as long as I pay a small yearly fee, it keeps my pictures available, even from 10 yrs ago.

Keith

Ta, I'm happy to pay a fee, I used to use Image Shack weekly without any probs but seem to have lost the nouse to make it happen. Maybe I will start an account with Image Shack even though I only need it for the Hobie forum, all other Forums have free auto-uploaders for pics.
I will do a video of my Spinnaker mods when it stops raining.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:25 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Thanks Walt.
That sounds Do-able even for me, I will give it a go this week.

My main problem with PB was I kept getting a windows 10 message saying, "The program has stopped responding" and having to reboot it frequently.
Also some features seem to have changed in the PB process and Menu features mentioned in keith's guide simply were not there to use.

Thanks again.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:34 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I'm sorry, Skymax, but my Photobucket instructions are way out of date. I plan to put up a new set in a couple days.

Keith

"Less is more" Anon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:44 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Quote:
I guess your problem is with the extra advertising (for a fee you can get rid of that) which uses up your download budget.

I re-size also. Yes, its all the advertising stuff they sneak in - some of which is video. My wife and I use that 5G and have to make an effort to stay within the limit each month.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:59 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

walt wrote:
Quote:
I guess your problem is with the extra advertising (for a fee you can get rid of that) which uses up your download budget.

I re-size also. Yes, its all the advertising stuff they sneak in - some of which is video. My wife and I use that 5G and have to make an effort to stay within the limit each month.

I get it, it seems to take PB forever to do anything also.
I tried the FB thing but I think you are right about security settings.
A 20-something IT nerd in Georgia has offered to show me FLICKR as the youngies all use that so I will get there eventually.
In the meantime I can manage one at a time, cheers.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:04 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:30 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

BIG DAY OUT, could not get this to display Upright but to save those using medieval Units it 34 MILES and Top Speed of 11MPH.
Lunch stop bought down the Av speed and conditions were bouncy so I am sure it go faster.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:29 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Well it worked for a while I se 2 cats on my spinnaker pics but the GPS is visible still, FB is giving me the test but I'm getting determined now so will try another Host, directly...