Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:10 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: VA launch spots w/beach
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:22 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Looking to see if anyone knows of a good spot to launch the TI from a swimmable beach near Hampton VA?

We want to take some friends out that have kids and show them the TI but I want to be able to go back and forth swapping people out while the kids play. I need a Beach, place to launch, and a place to park the trailer/truck. I can find 2/3 of those at places but all three not so much.

Our friends are looking into getting some yaks and i am trying to show them how awesome the Hobie is!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:08 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

My two recommendations are Gosnold's Hope Park to North End Point which is the Northern Terminus of Grandview Nature Preserve just did that with the wife and two year old on Monday the 4th for a shorter trip you can put in at the Fox Hill Boat Ramp. I like to stay on the Back River Side easier landing, and the beach combing is great we we catching hermit crabs in some of the tidal pools. If you want to pay you could put in at the Marina on FT Monroe and that would give you easy access to those beaches I think as long as there is no life guard you can land.

Matt
2017 Hobie TI
Hampton, VA

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:52 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Awesome thanks i will look at those.

We went to Buckroe Sunday but just to the paddle board (lifeguard didnt care). Yesterday we spent the whole day out in the Back River off the coast of Langley. Found a couple of places to land but all pretty pebbly. I just staked out the TI and walked in.

There are a few TI's around here we need get a Island Club going! I am in Poquoson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:30 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Surprised I didn't see you.