Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:56 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I ended up just doing this project. I have not yet given it a water trial due to the cold weather, but I started a separate thread about it:

https://www.hobie.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=67722

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:39 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Congratulations! Very cool setup, vvortex3! After years of drooling, I ordered a Hobie TI. No idea of when it will arrive in Europe :roll: . In any case, I am already looking into possible mods, and I am considering a main sheet riser. I am initially more inclined towards the Hobie h-bar because I feel it might be safer to avoid any stress on the rod holders. My main doubt is whether a Hobie Trax 2-30 cart would fit plugged in the scupper holes. I fear the h-bar might get in the way, whereas I have seen photos of pvc main sheet risers which allow for the cart to be plugged in.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Chess

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:42 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Chess wrote:
Congratulations! Very cool setup, vvortex3! After years of drooling, I ordered a Hobie TI. No idea of when it will arrive in Europe :roll: . In any case, I am already looking into possible mods, and I am considering a main sheet riser. I am initially more inclined towards the Hobie h-bar because I feel it might be safer to avoid any stress on the rod holders. My main doubt is whether a Hobie Trax 2-30 cart would fit plugged in the scupper holes. I fear the h-bar might get in the way, whereas I have seen photos of pvc main sheet risers which allow for the cart to be plugged in.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Chess

I reserved my build to not being able to fit the trax 2-30 cart after installing the H-Bar. That said, you could theoretically rotate the h-bar 180 degrees on top of the kayak so that it's facing the opposite way, then move the entire installation forwards. It might start to get in the way of the rear steering control if you move it too far forwards. Also, you can only move it forwards to the point that you can still fully deploy the sail and allow it to reach its full length.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:17 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

First option:

1 x 84500120 HOBIE H-BAR, OUTBACK
2 x 84500105 FOOT MOUNT, ANGLED / H-BAR
2 x 72020098 ROD HOLDER ASSEMBLY / H-RAIL
1 x 3275 Harken Double Bolt Down Fairlead 12 mm
1 x Radar Reflector
1 x 84501113 MOUNT ASSEMBLY / H-RAIL (from the H-Bar kit) for the radar reflector.
1 x 88991097 CHAFE PLATE, TI
2 x H233 BLOCK-MICRO CHEEK

And my second option with some RailBlaza parts. I personally chose the first option because it is simpler.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:15 am 
Site Rank - Captain

johnnybravo wrote:
First option:

1 x 84500120 HOBIE H-BAR, OUTBACK
2 x 84500105 FOOT MOUNT, ANGLED / H-BAR
2 x 72020098 ROD HOLDER ASSEMBLY / H-RAIL
1 x 3275 Harken Double Bolt Down Fairlead 12 mm
1 x Radar Reflector
1 x 84501113 MOUNT ASSEMBLY / H-RAIL (from the H-Bar kit) for the radar reflector.
1 x 88991097 CHAFE PLATE, TI
2 x H233 BLOCK-MICRO CHEEK

And my second option with some RailBlaza parts. I personally chose the first option because it is simpler.

@johnnybravo One view on your first option seems to show the spinnaker halyard along the side. But I don't see any block or fairlead on the H-Bar for it. How do you handle that?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:07 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

s9utct wrote:
Anyone know which H-Bar was mounted on the TI in the video? I know could achieve the same functionality with PVC, but the clean and professional looking install of the H-bar with the ability to add the H-rail rod holders or other accessories would be very handy.

Hello fine Peoples of The Hobie Realms! I have looked but cannot see where this question is definitely answered: which model number of the Hobie H-bar kit should I order to mod it for our 2022 Hobie Island Tandem?

Gracii!