Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:22 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Slaughter wrote:
Lets all have a beer fellas and move on.

Who's shout ?

Did I ever tell you the joke about the priest, the pole dancer and the Hobie hull designer..........

Is that the one where they're all gathered for the launch of the new Tandem Island? - The priest blesses it, the pole dancer climbs the mast, the Hobie designer fits a wave deflector, then a Rabbi turns up and trims 6 inches off the mainsheet.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:43 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

ChaosDave wrote:
seriously Skymax if you don't have anything to input to the discussion besides how rad you are then maybe you should spend more time being the extreme outdoorsman away from your keyboard. I'm not pushing for an extreme hull redesign i just want hobie to look at wavedeflectors as an add on like many other kayak companies do already!

"Seriously", dave,
I have never made slighting "Rolling Eyes" posts to you so when you start it off by doing it to me you will be shot back at.
Now you are echoing chekika by telling me I have nothing to contribute so go away?
Read my first Two posts they offer my views, in fact I am completely in line with Reconlon's post on the first page of this Thread that really says it all.

And YES, I do extreme sports including Hangliding, (Aust Team leader in world championships), Paragliding, Surf Kayaking not to forget long distance Cycle Touring, cross-country Gliding, Kayaking, Motorcycle Racing and Sailing. (In '98 I flew a light aircraft from Denver to Florida and back to Memphis-the USA is a beautiful country).

My participants Paragliding Vid 2004 World Championships: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z205NMRDAE
My American cycle tour (after major chemotherapy): http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/?o=R ... d=852&v=Oq

I also find time to live with Cancer, be a Dad, read this Forum and exterminate any caterpillars I find in my flower garden.

Maybe I am just a bit more "Rad" than you.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:25 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

chrisj wrote:
Slaughter wrote:

Who's shout ?

Did I ever tell you the joke about the priest, the pole dancer and the Hobie hull designer..........

Is that the one where they're all gathered for the launch of the new Tandem Island? - The priest blesses it, the pole dancer climbs the mast, the Hobie designer fits a wave deflector, then a Rabbi turns up and trims 6 inches off the mainsheet.

:lol: No. But your joke is better than mine so I'll just leave it at that.

Don't take life too seriously................it ain't permanent.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:56 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Now, where did I put those medical records.... I've had a grand slam in skin cancer: squamous, basal, melanoma...that is one of the prizes of living long and being outdoors. But, aren't we off topic?

Slaughter, pass the beer pitcher. Did you say you have another joke?

What is the time limit on this thread?

Keith

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex ... It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." A. Einstein

"Less is more" Anon

Last edited by Chekika on Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:42 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

chrisj wrote:
Slaughter wrote:

Who's shout ?

Very well done! Skymax i refuse to get sucked in to any more crap so i'm not replying to anything you say that isn't constructive.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:44 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

:) Hey Matt! It's Valentines Day...and well...thought it was time I apologize for giving you such a hard time.

Everyone appreciates what you do in this forum. Only someone with your knowledge of lessons-learned in development of the AI and other sail craft can understand what it's going to take to develop a Bow-Plane that reduces diving without placing too much stress on the hull. While I know development/testing takes time, I'm willing to wait, even if a more costly fix (e.g., modifed upturned amas) proves to be the only safe, trustworthy fix.

Let's hope the bow-plane works.

Thanks for listening...and all you do...even for us crotchety old farts. :mrgreen:

W. A. Waller
(aka Capt Numb Knots, USN Ret; ... Jackass, etc., etc.)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:13 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

That takes balls. Well said mate.........( I think you've had enough to drink now ) :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:13 am 
Site Rank - Captain

:lol: G'Day Mate!

Slaughter -- You Aussies are "AWESOME". Never met a group of guys I'd rather drink with...reminds me of my old Navy days in the South Pacific. I'm still smiling about chrisj's joke...made me wonder...was the boat left "clewless". :mrgreen:

Have a great day! :D

SW Gulf Coast: Sarasota to Keys

I'm not completely useless. I can always serve as a bad example.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:07 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

ChaosDave wrote:
chrisj wrote:
Slaughter wrote:

Who's shout ?

Very well done! Skymax i refuse to get sucked in to any more crap so i'm not replying to anything you say that isn't constructive.

That's a good idea because I find gratuitous, smart-arsed remarks with Exasperated Icons to also be "unconstructive", in the first instance.

Last edited by skymax on Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:19 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Chekika wrote:
Now, where did I put those medical records.... I've had a grand slam in skin cancer: squamous, basal, melanoma...that is one of the prizes of living long and being outdoors. But, aren't we off topic?

Slaughter, pass the beer pitcher. Did you say you have another joke?

What is the time limit on this thread?

Keith

Pfffft! A few piddling easily-fixed skin cancers all of which I've had, some several times.
Try 3 months of chemotherapy for incurable/terminal NHL cancer followed by waking up feeling sick every day for years.
But I am not a whiney malcontent so I handle it, and still have fun in my boat.

You want a dry bow, I want a normal life-span, neither of us is going to get what we want.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:51 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Skymax, you have a way with words. Good luck on battling that cancer.

The rest of you "kids" be careful w/ the sun, and anything suspicious get it checked ASAP. As Skymax says, "Pfffft! A few easily-fixed skin cancers...." Easily fixed, yes, if caught early. Melanoma, maybe not so easy. But, whatever, get anything suspicious checked quickly--do NOT let it go.

Pass the beer, Slaughter. Darn, I wish I could remember a joke...

Keith

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex ... It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." A. Einstein

"Less is more" Anon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:13 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks Polecat! We'll always try to make the products better. I promise.

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:25 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Chekika wrote:
Skymax, you have a way with words. Good luck on battling that cancer.

The rest of you "kids" be careful w/ the sun, and anything suspicious get it checked ASAP. As Skymax says, "Pfffft! A few easily-fixed skin cancers...." Easily fixed, yes, if caught early. Melanoma, maybe not so easy. But, whatever, get anything suspicious checked quickly--do NOT let it go.

Pass the beer, Slaughter. Darn, I wish I could remember a joke...

Keith

As Chekika says with the battle Skymax. It sure makes our design problems trivial and insignificant. All the best mate.

And we can't wait for Polcat and Chekika's joke so here goes.

There were three AI sailors who went to a popular e-dating site looking for a wife.

The first man married a woman from America. He told her that she was to do the dishes and house cleaning. It took a couple of days, but on the third day, he came home to see a clean house and all dishes washed and put away .

The second man married a woman from England . He went a bit further and gave his wife orders to not only do all the cleaning and dishes, but also to do the cooking and wash the dog. The first day he didn't see any results, but the next day he saw it was better. By the third day, he saw his house was clean, the dishes were done, a huge dinner on the table and the dog all washed and groomed.

The third man married a girl from Australia. Seing how happy his two mates were he decided to push it a even further so he ordered her to keep the house cleaned, dishes washed, lawn mowed, laundry washed, and hot food on the table and his AI washed and polished . He said the first day he didn't see anything, the second day he didn't see anything but by the third day, some of the swelling had gone down and he could see a little out of his left eye, and his arm was healed enough that he could fix himself a sandwich and load the dishwasher. Surgeons took 3 hours to remove the aka.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:09 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:02 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

That is good, Slaughter, very good.

Keith

"Less is more" Anon

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next