Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:01 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:37 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

That's a good point about the utility of the AI. If I didn't have a venerable Scupper Pro I might have kept that extra AI.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:19 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Salty Dawg wrote:
Keep the AI, there will come a time when you want to go sailing with her but you won't want to hear every thought that comes into her head and out of her mouth and that will be the perfect time to put her onto it. :D

Words of Wisdom !

Post subject: Trailer for TI.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:24 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Here in MN, you can usually get away with hanging a red flag if your trailer load extends farther out than 3 feet. However, I trailer quite a bit at night and didn't want some one to tailgate me at night thinking that the TI only extended out to the rear trailer lights. So I replaced the front trailer tongue tube with a longer section, moved the front hull roller forward, and adjusted the TI cradle positions and added rear rollers. That way the rear of the TI extends only 6 inches behind the lights and the front and rear of the hull have some support. I adjusted the rollers to just touch the bottom of the hull. Several Forum members had mentioned that the TI hull wanted to slowly sag on the ends during the summer if it sat only supported by the cradles. The rollers prevent any end sag but don't exert upward pressure on the hull.

Post subject: Re: Trailer for TI.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:56 am 
Site Rank - Captain

TIDALWAVE wrote:
Here in MN, you can usually get away with hanging a red flag if your trailer load extends farther out than 3 feet. However, I trailer quite a bit at night and didn't want some one to tailgate me at night thinking that the TI only extended out to the rear trailer lights. So I replaced the front trailer tongue tube with a longer section, moved the front hull roller forward, and adjusted the TI cradle positions and added rear rollers. That way the rear of the TI extends only 6 inches behind the lights and the front and rear of the hull have some support. I adjusted the rollers to just touch the bottom of the hull. Several Forum members had mentioned that the TI hull wanted to slowly sag on the ends during the summer if it sat only supported by the cradles. The rollers prevent any end sag but don't exert upward pressure on the hull.

Hobie assured me my that my new 2014 TI would be fine on the cradles on the Trailex SUT-350-AIT, but I'm interested in other users experiences - specially since mine will be stored in my garage in the Texas summer heat. I would prefer to leave it on the trailer, so am thinking that maybe a post/stand under the stern would be a good idea.

Alternatively, I like the idea of your trailer mod - can you post pics?