Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:07 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:29 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I'm about to be a TI owner for he first time.

What actually comes with the TI?
How do I know what I'm actually supposed to receive when I take possession of the boat? Is there an actuall list available somewhere from Hobie?

As an example does the boat come with 2 leashes for he mirage drives, or will I need to go out and purchase that stuff separately? Does it come with a paddle? Does it come with a water bottle or two? Does it come with two seats? Does it come with a Hobie sticker for my car?

See my problem.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:59 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

The TI has always come with two paddles and two seats. All Hobie's used to come with at least one water bottle, so you might want to check that. They've never come standard with Mirage Drive leashes, so you'll have to buy those separately. See if your dealer will throw in the Hobie sticker :)

Beyond that, I'd check to see if the sail comes with a sail bag, maybe someone else on this forum will be able to tell you if it comes with spare rudder pins. The rudder has been redesigned since I've seen one up close, so I'm not sure about the pins.

I hope that helps a little bit. I'm sure some others will be able to tell you more.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:48 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

standard stuff is: 2 seats, sail, sail bag, aka bag w/ foam blocks, 2 water bottles, 2 paddles, 2 mirage drives, 1 hatch storage bin, spare rudder pin hanging from rear hatch, 2 rubber mirage drive thing a ma bobs that come in the package with the manual, spare aka pin,

dealer gave me the window stickers, more like told him thanx i'm takin a couple of these. they also gave me rudder knobs, eyelets to swap out some of the T thingies for securing things, a can of Mclube, and a hat.

ex 2012 Hobie Tandem Island
ex 2011 Hobie Pro Angler
ex 2011 Hobie Adventure Island
ex 2010 Hobie Adventure Island

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:42 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Quote:
standard stuff is: 2 seats, sail, sail bag, aka bag w/ foam blocks, 2 water bottles, 2 paddles, 2 mirage drives, 1 hatch storage bin, spare rudder pin hanging from rear hatch, 2 rubber mirage drive thing a ma bobs that come in the package with the manual, spare aka pin,

dealer gave me the window stickers, more like told him thanx i'm takin a couple of these. they also gave me rudder knobs, eyelets to swap out some of the T thingies for securing things, a can of Mclube, and a hat.

I got the stuff in the first paragraph (plus handles to turn two half kayak paddles into two canoe paddles), but not the stuff in the second paragraph. But then I did not pick the boat up at the store. My trailer from Trailx was delayed so the dealer brought the boat to my house -- more than an hour's drive from the store. And he did the assembly there (rudder pin, sail battens, akas & amass, main sheet tied and threaded thru the blocks, downhaul tied, furling line tied and wound -- and, of course, a lot of advice and instruction along the way. Could not have been happier.

I'd also note that as we worked unwrapping packages (like Christmas in the garage), I was continually amazed by Hobie's quality. The paddles, for example, are far better than the stock paddles that came with some kayaks I'd purchased over the last decade. No, they do not match the $300 glass/carbon paddle I own. But the two halves fit snugly with no slop or wiggle. The springs work perfectly. They are sturdy and a good length for the wide yak. The fit of the hatches is perfectly snug -- without a wrestling match to open and close them. The mast bearings, the lines, the Harken gear. The drives. Everything works and works smoothly. A well designed and well built boat. I would note that the first 2 or 3 times I took the akas out, I needed pliers or a clamp to push the spring buttons while pulling the aka out. After that they work easily by hand. And I do not have strong hands. Hobie and Hobie Cats Northwest in Seattle both get an A+ from me.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:12 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I have AI's.
Love them all!
I guess it took me a little over an hour each to put them together on my lawn. Now under 5 minutes to the water

Garmin GPS 78
Standard Horizon HX 751
2 12V 700ma batteries in Parallel
Solar charging
Ritchie Compass
14 days of electronics easy