Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:43 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: TI Arrived today!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:34 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Picked up my new TI in Gulfport, MS today from Da Beach House. Bought the Golden P because the dealer said that was the fastest sailing color...... :roll:

Post subject: Re: TI Arrived today!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:14 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

You are clearly a believer :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:20 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Your dealer has misinformed you. Independent tests showed that the red hibscus was almost .00976% faster than the golden P and almost .5 times that faster than the ivory.

Seriously, tests that were actually done showed that red items not only spooked fish less than most other colors, but actually tended to attract them in some instances. I wouldn't have believed that but some years ago 3 of us were in a place where we had our tarpons anchored. The guy in the red hull, had schools of fish hanging out under his boat. My green and my buddy's sand colored hulls never managed to do that. I'd like to think it was a coincidence.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:15 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Tom Kirkman wrote:
Seriously, tests that were actually done showed that red items not only spooked fish less than most other colors, but actually tended to attract them in some instances. I wouldn't have believed that but some years ago 3 of us were in a place where we had our tarpons anchored. The guy in the red hull, had schools of fish hanging out under his boat. My green and my buddy's sand colored hulls never managed to do that. I'd like to think it was a coincidence.

i had a red TI for a few months when they first came out and managed to get up very close, actually touching some of the skates that were surfacing once or twice in annapolis a few years back. now i have the dune one and expect to get it with the rest of our household furniture by next week here in okinawa japan. we have clear water and lots of tropical fish out here, but i am not sure i want lots of fishies (especially the bigger ones) congregating under my TI :mrgreen:

congrats on the TI pickup, hope you enjoy the hell out of it, as lots of us have too.