Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:14 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:47 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Looking for Railblaza products for my TI. More specifically, I'm looking for the two products below in the USA. I know West Marine has Railblaza, but not the new products below.

Railblaza StarPort Rail Mount 32-41mm Black
Railblaza SidePort Mount Black

Anyone know when they will become available in USA? Or if I were to order it overseas (Australia, etc), what is the most economical way to do it? Which dealer website? Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:39 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

I asked on facebook, they pretty much told me West Marine too..

ex 2012 Hobie Tandem Island
ex 2011 Hobie Pro Angler
ex 2011 Hobie Adventure Island
ex 2010 Hobie Adventure Island

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:05 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

It's just a matter of time. Check back in a couple weeks. This month for sure.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:03 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Had the same problem...I live in the Philippines and there is no distributor here...

So I contacted the Railblaza guys in New Zealand directly and they shipped the parts via my DHL account to the Philippines and I could pay the rodholders & mounts via my Credit Card.

The customer service of Railblaza is excellent, they even called from New Zealand to verify my shipping instructions.

Peace
Serbi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:28 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I've been looking for those parts here in Canada too with the same results. The local distributor here on the west coast doesn't have them in yet. Ross from railblaza is good at responding via email tho. At some point they will get here...
T2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:59 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hi all, and thanks for your interest, I hope I can help you get your hands on some.

Stock is slowly filtering through. in the USA you can order from you local West Marine store, they will get it in for you.

West Marine part number is 13098967, RAILBLAZA part number is 03-4013-11 for a black one, West do not carry these in the stores. Be sure the description is “RailMount 32-41 StarPort Combo”, not just the old model “RailMount 32 StarPort Combo”, as only the 32-41 will fit your rails. (41 means 1 5/8")

In Canada I would suggest contacting your local stockist (see here - http://www.railblaza.com/dealer-catalog/canada/), or call Western Marine or Transat Marine on the page in this link.

If this doesn't help feel free to email us on [email protected] and we will do all we can to "hook you up".

Cheers and tight lines
Mike

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:10 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I had to press quite a few buttons and spend a bundle, but I should have a system here today. We plan to "blaze" the TI3 and review them for this site.

Hope Railblaza outperforms the rams we have in place now.

Here fishy, fishy,..

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:14 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Okay, so I received my order for the new Railblaza Railmount 32-41 for my TI from West Marine. I am reading the box and West Marine receipt in front of me, part #03-4013-11, West Marine model #10398967.

I simply received a "Railmount32 StarPort Combo" with a railmount32 label but a different manufacturer label #03-4013-11 (Railmount32-41). All 4 of the Railmounts I ordered were the same. Called West Marine and they said they'll send me new ones and verify the content inside to make sure it's correct. We'll see how they'll manage that if the label is wrong and there is no manufacturer # on the box.

Also the Railblaza SidePorts, the screws are not long enough to go through the TI akas. I'll have to buy new screws for it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:54 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Patience. The new models are not in yet. Yes, they have the SAME part number as the old 32 mm only model, which will not fit.

I have the new parts here in Hawaii and am noodling with them to get them to fit my AI bars. I also was sent some of the 32mm parts by mistake. A few of the other new parts I wanted are back ordered as well.

The good news is the quality is high and you will like them. West marine should have displays set up in their retail stores by now that allow you to play with some of the components.

I suggest US fans take a deep breath and wait for the west marine stores sell through or replace their old stock, or you will end up gong in circles. Confirm in person or with a sales rep that the model says "Railmount32-41" in big letters on the label, or you will be wasting your time.

It may take a couple weeks more to refresh the North America inventory. Maybe the Aussies bought them all. ;-)

If you do see them in stock let us know.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:01 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Thought I'd revive this and see if anyone stateside or better yet, here in Canada has got their hands on the 32-41 yet. West marine on line catalog still does not have it listed,last time I checked.
T2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:03 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

There are also problems in Italy for 41 mm and for all the latest products of railblaza spring/summer 2012
why problems worldwide with railblaza products? '

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:29 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I successfully ordered 4 "Railmount32-41 Starport Combo" back in July along with numerous other Railblaza products. For the Railmount32-41, I talked to Westmarine and they did a special order directly from the vendor. It is important that you explain to them exactly the situation (same item number, but different item description). My Westmarine customer sales rep stated she called the warehouses in the USA and the item was not stocked yet. And a special order took two weeks due to high demands. That was back in July 1st. I would hope it would be easier to get them now in the USA as I may need more soon.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:58 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

So it is theoretically possible--thanks Hullman. Railblaza could sure sell a lot of product in North America if they could solve whatever production or distribution problems they have.
T2

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:43 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Found a US seller that has the 32-41 listed on their site--Yak-gear.com out of Texas.
T2

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:28 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Just wanted to let everyone know that we are now the Railblaza Paddle Sport Distributor for the U.S. and Canada. We are glad to help with any orders that you have. You can look on the website at www.yak-gear.com/railblaza.html or call me personally with any questions that you have.

Bill Bragman
President
Yak-Gear Inc
713-826-2252

713-826-2252