Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:31 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: HD Cart wheel problem
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:14 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I purchased an HD cart for my TI a couple of weeks ago and both of the Wheeleez tires were very soft. When I put the TI on it, both tires compressed to the point that they had a large flat where they contacted the ground. I compared the tires to two identical other than hub size tires I purchased direct from Wheeleez last year for a DIY cart I use for my Revo. The new tires were much softer than the tires I purchased last year.
I can easily press a large flat into either of the new tires using just my upper body weight but can't do the same with my direct purchased tires.
I took the HD cart back to Austin Kayak and they gladly exchanged it for a second cart and agreed that the tires seemed too soft. The tires on the new cart felt stiffer but did the same thing when I put the TI on it yesterday. This time one of the tires is a lot worse than the other.
The pictures show my TI on the second cart with very little gear aboard. The flats on the tires make it very difficult to easily roll the boat. It's like trying to push a car with a flat tire.
I'm thinking that Hobie got a bad batch of tires from Wheeleez.
The picture where you can see the Hobie logo is the better of the two tires. The other pictures are the other tire.
Matt Miller can you look into this please ? I'm hoping to avoid returning this cart only to get a third defective one.
Thanks
Chris

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:16 am 
Site Admin

Bummer. First I have heard of this. I'll have to ask the guys in tech / warranty support if they have ever heard of it.

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:01 pm 
Site Admin

Either make a warranty claim with the dealer or directly with Wheeleez. The have promised to replace the tires.

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:42 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Thanks Matt ! The dealer Austin Kayak is always very helpful but I'll try Wheeleez so I don't get more soft tires from ACK's inventory.

chris

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:03 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Just an update on this. Wheeleez is sending me a pair of tires and opening an investigation on the soft wheeleez26 tire problem. Their customer service has been fabulous. I will post some comparison pics when the new tires arrive.
Chris