Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:58 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:00 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

First problem with my TI. Sailing in moderate wind, started tack and mast tilted to one side. Rolled sail up and pedaled home. Inspection revealed bolt holding bottom of mast sleeve to hull was loose and sleeve was out of position. Some disassembly of cross bars and sleeve flanges allowed us to get everything repositioned. Reassembled and tried it out. It failed again on second tack.

Now looking for advice on fix. Maybe the angle braces need to be adjusted to hold things in place.

I am 2000 miles from home so will try to contact a local dealer once they wake up. Any thoughts in the meantime will be appreciated.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:28 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Problem solved. Removed cross bar and mast sleeve. Then cleaned up mounting holes and reassembled. Lengthened angle supports by turning turnbuckles about three turns each. Tested in moderate to strong winds. All ok.

I now have another item to add to my periodic check list - make sure the 1/4-20 bolt at the Bolton of the mast sleeve is secure

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:24 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Glad you got it fixed, and thank you for the tip... one of those things that is nice to "keep in the database" in case one runs into that.