Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:32 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:56 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

This is for Adventures equipped with a Side Kick AMA kit, which has a bar mounted right across over the top of both rear scupper holes, behind the seat.

The livewell kit provides some elbows for the intake tube and the drain tube; however, the livewell drain tube cannot slide down with the adapter kit elbows. By design it is not lined up over the scupper hole and cannot slide up and down into the scupper.

The livewell's drain tube is designed to slide up and down the scupper hole to manage the water level in the tank, i.e 2" for shrimp and up to 10" for bigger bait fish. With the drain tube not being able to be pushed down, too much water and weight will have to be carried to keep a dozen shrimp swimming .

In order to manage tank water level, there is a need to have on hand two or three different lengths of drain tubes depending on how much water will be needed in the livewell , for the type of bait used in a particular fishing situation.

I do not know if Hobie has addressed this issue, unless I have missed it. In my view, the Adventure kits ( only for Adventures having the Sidekick ama kit ) should provide two extra pre-cut drain tubes with the kit.

Please let me know how others have dealt with this issue.

I'll be ordering a couple of extra tubes to cut and keep for my different fishing trips.

Happy fishing.