Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:38 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:56 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I know there's an insurance thread over on the ProAngler forum, but I didn't see any on Tandem Islands.

FYI, I got a few quotes and found Progressive Boat Insurance to both:
a) Know what a Hobie Tandem Island is (others did not)
b) Allow a great deal of customization. For example, I think my TI is much more likely to be stolen than to have a catastrophic crash. I was able to adjust my coverage accordingly.

In the end, I was able to get comprehensive replacement coverage on the boat and trailer for $114 a year. The coverage also includes roadside assistance, which could come in handy on long trips.

Don't mean to come across as a commercial, but maybe this info will save someone else some searching.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:48 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

My wife suggested we get insurance for our new 2015 TI. I decided to also get comprehensive for replacement cost of boat and trailer. I'm more worried about someone crashing into the boat while transporting than an incident on the water. I live in Florida and the drivers around the Tampa area suck! I went through Progressive, cost, $200 for the year.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:50 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Before you go with a separate policy check into a rider on your home policy. I asked my insurance agent for boat insurance when I purchased my TI last year. They looked into it and found I could get a rider to my existing homeowners insurance policy covering the boat for fire, theft, liability, and collision, the same as a separate boat policy, for only $70 per year.