Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:59 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:32 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Thx for the welcome everyone, your stories are very motivating. After our year of testing we went to the Toronto Boat show Jan 2017. Went to our friends at "Quiet Waters Sailboat Inc" and went all in, ordered a red Mirage Tandem Island. Also sold me one their own custom design trailers that they had one of their suppliers build, never saw it , seen hundreds of others mods, but I trusted their advice. Sure enough trailer launches nice, you can see the trailer in my video, the day I picked it up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMut9gr9nZY&t=43s the other videos are some of my aerial vids of some of the places I took the rental up in northern Ontario. Not pushing my vids, just practicing sharing some good aerial views, Im ok with my Truck Driver Freedom 85 program.

Right after picking it up went 15 min down the road to Victoria Harbor, awesome to be back on the water. The next day went to Wasaga Beach , 2 full days great weather happy boaters. Then back to my Lake Erie area, Long Point, St Clair River, Wild Wood Conservation, and Port Stanley the closest 15 min. The unpredictable weather making us stay close to home shorter trips. Not even able to Drone , weather, people, new Drone laws in Ontario . Had 13 voyages everyone fun and adventurous, as always. Finally this past Sunday july 2 got a chance to drone, and sail in Port Stanley Ontario. Weather man was wrong again turned into another adventure, Im off for 5 days starting friday Ill find time to post it. Weathers looking iffy this weekend hoping for the best. Gota go adventuring

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:17 am 
Site Rank - Captain

FYI. The manual recommends not using a single strap over the hull and Ama’s and squeezing the Ama’s against the hull.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:31 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

mswlogo wrote:
FYI. The manual recommends not using a single strap over the hull and Ama’s and squeezing the Ama’s against the hull.

Thx for the info, changed to wide bungy straps , separating them, noticed scratching from the chafing, post pics whe

never I get home. Update At the beginning of this film, U can see our new tie downs, Quick and easy work well https://youtu.be/FPhRTgrTS3g