Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:14 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

It would be great if Hobie made a storage pod for the rear deck. Good for storing extra gear, food and clothing.
Ocean kayak have a molded pod for their kayaks. Galaxy make a pod that will fit most kayaks with an easy access hatch.
Or take the existing hobie live well and remove all the live well gear, so the design is just a waterproof storage pod.
Great idea to have easy quick access to gear, rather than fiddling around with dry bags.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:21 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Something like that would be a great idea. I'd be interested in using something like that as a water-proof carrier for camping gear and other stuff.

The problem for Hobie would be that each of their yaks has a completely different rear-deck. I guess the could make a common 'top-cover' mated to differing lower-halves to fit the various kayak models?

Cheers,

Mike.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:46 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I use one of those dog food bins people modify for live wells. But I just use it as dry storage. I add a few tie down points, a carry handle and a retention cord for the lid. Works fantastic. https://vittlesvault.com

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:44 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Same here. You can choose a size to fit whatever kayak model you have. It's not as streamlined as the Ocean unit, but serves the same purpose. One thing I like about the vittles vault, is that you can choose a size that does not occupy all the room in the tank well, leaving an area for your cooler or other gear that you don't want in the dry storage box.