Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:18 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I'm rigging my spinnaker kit on a 2018 TI and am interested in any suggestions as to sheet leads before I start drilling holes. The factory instructions say to install the swivel cam cleat close to where the aka attaches to the kayak. It appears that you use the eyelet posts to change the sheet lead. Does anyone have any better ideas for controlling the sheeting angles? It seems there could be quite a load on the eyelet post as well as friction. How about using a block with a strop around the aka?

Any ideas and photos would be appreciated.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:56 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Has anybody tried the TI spinnaker on an AI? I've got an AI and have a jib setup that I'm pretty happy with. I also the AI spinnaker kit which I bought several years ago. Now there is an issue with the spinnaker sail, and Hobie does not sell the AI spinnaker anymore, so I'm wondering if the TI spinnaker will work. I have a mast topper that raises the height by a foot, so I think it just might work...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6