Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:30 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: comp tip damage question
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:09 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I purchased a 2008 Hobie 16 a few years ago. I haven't been able to get out much, so, still getting used to it. I had a 1975 Hobie 16. I am new to this comp tip. I have been having a lot of trouble getting the boat to come around. I have been working with the mast rake and of course positioning of my weight. But i notice when i view up the mast that the mast angle changes a few degrees where the comp. tip attaches. is this normal or should the sail track be perfectly straight? The boat has been stored outside since it was new. I see some what i believe are cosmetic surface cracks in it all over. But i also see some chunks out at the joint. Do i need to replace my tip? Hopefully i have attached the pictures! Thanks in advance for the advice! well it looks like i cant add my pictures. faq talks about a way to add pictures. i don't understand those directions. can anybody help?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:39 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

In order to add a photo to the forum it needs to be posted somewhere online and you link the image - we don't host images on this forum. like shutterfly or google photos... etc.