Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:32 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 6:57 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I am new to your Forum so please let me know of any rules I miss.
I have sailing background in CA, NJ and NH as well as US VI.
My boats have included: Solcat 15, NACRA 5.2, T-Gull 23 and several monohulls including: Santana 22, Banshee 13, Super Sunfish and an eight Ball land/ ice boat.

My current adventure is transition from my now sold T-Gull (health) to a Hobie Tandem Island.

I can go with a 2013 or 2015, I sailed a 2013 last summer. Needless to say the 2013 is much less by several thousand $s.

I am familiar with the new seats, ama bows and rigging. My main issue is all of the extra weight: 198 vrs 240#.
Since sail area is same, I would guess both boats are about the same in speed with normal loading and moderate wind. What are your feelings once wind closes in on 15 knots with some chop?

Thanks much in advance and by the way I am looking for a TI club to join here in Alton Bay, NH.

We get a lot of chop in Alton Bay sometimes; anyone have experience with a 2015 TI compared to a 2013 in chop?

Rob

Last edited by Carpe Diem II on Sun May 17, 2015 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 11:34 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Rob,
I think you'll find there is very little difference in weight between any of the TI models. The Hobie published rigged weights have never been accurate. The changes to the TI over the years have been minor and any performance difference would be minor as well.