Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:22 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Long Load Light for TI
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:52 am 
Site Rank - Captain

In Oregon (I am guessing other states are similar) if your load extends more than 4 feet past the back of your vehicle or trailer you must flag it during the daytime and put a red light on it at night. The flag during the day is easy, but trying to figure out how to do a light at night and curious if anyone here had feedback for a good solution. I was thinking I could some how attach a rear bike light.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:18 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

shin09 wrote:
In Oregon (I am guessing other states are similar) if your load extends more than 4 feet past the back of your vehicle or trailer you must flag it during the daytime and put a red light on it at night. The flag during the day is easy, but trying to figure out how to do a light at night and curious if anyone here had feedback for a good solution. I was thinking I could some how attach a rear bike light.

We're in the same boat :lol: . I don't know if it's the law in VA to have a center light for 4-ft overhang, but I want one. After my boat arrives, I'm gonna work on some type of design for a center brake light that attaches to the boat stern. I won't use a bike light. There should be a center trailer/truck light available. Just need to figure out how to mount it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:46 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I was wondering if those magnetic lights would be able to grip onto the rudder, but then the rudder swings back and forth so maybe could pin one of the handles inplace

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:54 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

shin09 wrote:

Make a light board and strap it to the stern. Add a connector to the rear of the trailer so you can remove it when not in use.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2kHmwAH]Image