Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:16 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:16 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

What are the specs for the Hobie-Trailex Trailer for the Getaway, 16, Tiger; the catalog number is 38653000. I'd like to have all of the dimensions and any other details. I'm considering the use of this trailer with the TI & its Hobie Cradles. I live in an area of the country where it's not uncommon to have day after day of 110 degree temperatures. I'll be storing the TI in the sun under the Hobie cover. I still have concerns regarding the implicit moment of 6.5 feet - 7.5 feet from the cradles to the fore & aft of the boat. I'd like to get a trailer where I'd be able to use the cradles under the mirage drive exits from the hulls and then also have a touch point with the hull - fore & aft.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:01 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

You can use the standard single Trailex trailer - and for the bow, you can rest it on a roller that is included with the trailer. (just move it from the rear of the trailer and place it in the front) If you need pictures I have those I can e mail you.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:21 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Jacques - thanks for addressing my concerns! I'm trying to get some support under both the bow and aft (besides using the symmetrical cradles that Hobie will be selling). I believe that the best position for these cradles is at the point of the mirage drives.

Do you know the length & width of the Tiger trailer as well as the dimensions of the box? What is the cost of the Tiger trailer? Given my need to store the TI on the trailer / under cover / in the sun (very hot sun!) - the rotomolded plastic will effectively be in an oven (albeit at a low temperature 'for an oven').

I have also considered buying the single kayak trailer and then modifying it with an extension of the beam (to the aft). My purchase of the TI is imminent (already on order).