Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:45 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Like many of you I've lurked here for awhile and read a ton before making my first post. Thanks for all of the great advice and for killing hours and hours of what could've otherwise been productive time. :D

I don't yet have a TI but am pretty close to pulling the trigger but before I say yes I need a way to transport the kayak for 3 hours at highway speeds.

I bought a 2008 BMW 535 Wagon to cartop whatever kayak I was going to buy (was first deciding between Revo 13 or AI).

Is there an ideal spread between the bars to rest the TI hull on points of strength?
Is it the same right side up or upside down? My gut tells me its under the scupper holes but I'm not sure, nor am I sure how far apart they are.

I was also looking at a T-Bar loader to help get the TI to the roof (but my only option seems to be a lowly Class I 1.25" receiver hitch which bums me out). Is there a recommended bar spread for 3 bars?

I've looked at the cradle set manual and didn't see an recommendations for placement (part #72020402)

I'm also considering buying two TI plug in cart adapters (part #80044202) and mounting them to my roof cross bars to help disperse weight (especially if I only use two bars).

Any thoughts on that?

Thanks for your help and I should be in a boat pretty soon.