Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:07 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

syros wrote:
Hi All,
New AI owner Southcoast 35 miles from Hailing.

I've got no idea where that is, but welcome to the forum and may you have fairs winds and good seas :D
Hopefully there's more AI's to play with near where you are.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:21 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

syros wrote:
Hi All,
New AI owner Southcoast 35 miles from Hailing.

Hi Syros
We should meet up. Did you buy new?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:17 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Has'nt had its maiden voyage yet, had it a few days. I have been looking at them for some time as I was looking for something stable and usable and the AI seemed to tick all the boxes, when a second hand one popped up, so I went for it.
Have been sailing a 14ft cat singlehanded from the beach nr Worthing this season with local club, bit scary for someone returning to dinghys after messing with powerboats and yachts for past number of seasons.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:52 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

I have my AI at Hayling Island Sailing Club. If you fancy coming down for an outing, I am exploring the harbour with mine, lots of interesting nooks and crannies to poke round in and a good selection of wildlife, including a seal colony.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:12 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I am certainly up for an AI outing in Chi Harbour, would need a bit more experience and confidence in the AI before trying to cross that bar into the Solent, I have seen a RIB flipped when rough, Shame I got the AI this end of the season.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:27 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

The bar is easy, you just go through the shipping channel, if you want to avoid it.
You could always bring it round to the club by road and then we could launch from there and have a wander round the harbour.

Did yours come from Gosport and is red perchance?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:07 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

It is red, why?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:17 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

There was a red one that was originally on E-bay from Gosport for sale. I wondered whether you had bought that one.
I had bid on it and then he did a private off site deal and withdrew it from the auction, only to find it was a scam. He offered it to me ( I think I had been the highest bidder) when it all went tits up, but I had bought another one in the interim, so didn't want it.
A friend was potentially interested in it, but is now waiting to see what the 2 seater AI2 turns out like.

If you haven't bought that one, if anyone is looking for a 2008 AI with trolley, it may still be for sale.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:24 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

They are like buses, none for ages and then three come along at the same time.
There was one that went fairly quickly from boatsandoutboards an 08 not used I believe. I e-mailed several times with no response, and then it came up as sold.
I then came across a classified, the ad was a month old so I did not hold out much hope, but I believe interested parties made offers and part ex offers, but the guy wanted to sell and no one was interested, it was possibly the same one but its an 09 model and was delivered. There was a third I am aware of which is ex demo still up for grabs possibly.
interested to know how much was the e-bay AI?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:00 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

Sounds like you may have the E-bay one. He was offering to deliver it and give a free lesson to the new owner. Actually, I believe it was an 09 model, possibly March, now I come to think of it ?
I bid £2050 on Ebay, but he had apparently been offered £2200 by the scammer.
The sellers name was Ferris and he was based in Gosport. It sounded like a good deal, if I hadn't bought mine, I would have had it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:43 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Never used e-bay to buy or sell boats in the past but still been hit by scammers selling and buying, but I may try and put my Newcat 14 on.
I am confident I will have a long and happy relationship all being well with the AI.
I understand there is going to be one at the Southampton Boat show with the Hobiecat Centre. I must admit I like the look of the Trampolines!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:49 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Come on fellas, how 'bout some photos from the motherland. I can't recall seing any shots of your AI's with the London, 4th or even Itchen Bridge for that matter, in the background. I'm ex-Soton so I wouldn't mind you all organising your own little armarda in the Solent and taking some photos with some tourist attractions in the background like Fawley Refinery or Vospers etc.

Or maybe you can invite Arno's Armarda up from France and have a reinactment of some great sea battle.

Don't take life too seriously................it ain't permanent.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:11 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

Interesting. I had 3 people come up to me at the weekend, to demand an explanation why I ignored them when they waved hello? It seems there may be another yellow AI in the harbour? If so, hopefully they will appear on the site and touch bases.
2 more couples at the club (all keen cyclists as well) now waiting to see the 2 seater with a view to buying one. Presumably it will have dual Mirage drives as well?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:12 am 
Site Rank - Captain

^^

taken from here

Quote:
FWIW I heard the January date $4600 also from show info obtained by dealer. Price includes IIRC two drives and two paddles so there is some of the increase over a single AI price.

it appears it will do

Quote:
Got ants in my pants and I need to dance

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:56 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Here are some ball park dates. if you are interested add yourself and any dates you are free and we'll see what happens!

If any of these are not suitable contact me [email protected] and I will add any you might think are better.

Clink on the link and then "participate"

http://www.doodle.com/summary.html?pollId=hqdf3pptdfzbzpmq

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next