Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 6:03 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

stringy wrote:
I'll be interested to see what comes out of this. The original fibreglass cradles were over $400 from memory. The plastic cradles are around the $200 mark.
So it looks like Hobie are saying there are no plastic cradles for the V1 Aka AI's? :?

This guy is saying that he has contacted, "Hobie" (no name given), and their advice is that they are all the same.
Even though I have shown him JB's info he is finding conflicting info to support his position from someone unidentified.

This is nonsense as there is a part number for the V2 cradles in the catalogue and Sunstate Hobie actually have them in stock, (oh why didn't I buy this from Mal at Sunstate instead of this new young guy I woudnt have this awful problem now?)

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 7:42 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

The Coffs dealer has now mailed me that he was indeed not supplied with the right info and he is now proceeding to obtain the correct parts.

I gratefully received this letter of conciliation from G. McGillivary of Hobie Oz which has cleared up the issue.

Hobie has, as usual, listened to reasonable complaint and acted on it.

Hi Mark

Sorry for the confusion regarding the cradles. Just to set your mind at rest, there will be on “stand-off” between reps. At Hobie we always try to work together to sort out problems. Jacques is based at Hobie Cat Company in the USA and I am based in Australia and Jacques is correct. When I went and checked out the cradles we did not have any new V1’s in stock. I checked our demo units I looked at an older set and a new injection moulded set and assumed they were the 2 different models. Unfortunately I was looking at the same V2 model hence no difference. I did not see the pictures until this morning so was not aware how bad yours was.

As per Jacques email, all you need to do is get the correct cradles, the V1’s, and it will be correct.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:31 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

:)