Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:39 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:56 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Thank you Hobie for finally delivering my boat to my dealer. Picked it up a couple days ago and anxious to get it wet.

One question - The front and rear rudder handles are misaligned by about 15 to 20 degrees. When the rear one (mine) is dead center, the front one (hers) is angled to the right. It also seems like the rear one swings in an arc farther to the left (outboard) while hers turns evenly left to right.

How do I adjust these the handles so they are both lined up the same? I already loosened and adjusted the clamping screws on the left/right lines on the rudder itself, but of course this doesn't fix misalignment between the two handles.

~BoP

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:09 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

You might actually have to loosen the handle that is misaligned, make sure the rudder is dead center and then adjust the handle and re-tighten. The other option is to take it back to the dealer and have them adjust it. That's what they are there for. Have them remove the steering limiter on the rear handle while they are at it.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

• Trampolines
  • Hobie cover
  • Davis Spar Fly
  • Kayakbob's Sprayskirts
  • Spine Board Hakas

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:55 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

mine was the same way, all i did was loosen the steering lines at the rudder, then reach up under the aft steering lever and pulled the line off that goes from aft to forward steering levers, it has a loop on the end of the line that is just slipped over a stud on the steering lever, once it was removed i simply untied one of the many knots that was tied in it to make it shorter, then popped the eyelet back on the stud, readjusted and tightened the steering lines back onto the rudder