Return to
Hobie Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:52 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:47 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:28 am
Posts: 3
2016 AI: I moved my mainsheet block inboard to facilitate the trampoline and now the main sheet rubs across the hull. I've temporarily protected the hull with some tape but would like to add a chafe plate like the one on the stern. I've searched the hobie site and google. This part is mentioned in a TI discussion from 2007. Does it exist? A part number would be great. Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:06 am 
Site Admin

Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 12:44 pm
Posts: 14075
Location: Oceanside, California
88991097 CHAFE PLATE, TI

8030671 SCREW 8-32 X 5/8 PHMS-P (2)

Main sheet Chafe Plate

This product enhancement is to be installed on the rear deck of each Tandem Island. Most boats will have two dimples to locate the part properly on the right side of the rear deck. The correct location is where the main sheet contacts the hull between the aft block and first set of bullet blocks that direct the lines forward. If no dimples are present, simply pull the main sheet taut across this area. position the plate in a fore / aft orientation to prevent the main sheet from contacting the deck.


Matt Miller
Director of Parts and Accessory Sales
Warranty and Technical Support
Hobie Cat USA

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
© Hobie Cat Company. All rights reserved.
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group