Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:07 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I bought a new 22 PA14 180 on Friday and I took it out on Sunday and on the first pull of the fwd tendon after being in rev the tendon pulled out of the shifter arm like it was stripped out. That was my first time on a Hobie as I’ve been fishing out of an Ascend FS12T for the past 8 years and I wanted to check with the brain trust here to see if I’m doing something wrong, there’s and adjustment I missed, or I just got a drive with a defect. I read the manual and made sure I only shifted it in the zone with enough clearance from the hull and when the tendon pulled out I was still able to shift it by pulling on the string attached to the shift arm. I’ve searched here, Google, YouTube, and Reddit to no avail. If it’s something I’m doing wrong or something I can fix in my garage that would be preferable since the dealer for my area is a little over an hour away. Thanks in advance for any advice/help you guys can provide.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:00 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I was able to figure this out when I got off the water. Turns out my new drive was defective and came with the fwd shift arm threads stripped out. I replaced the shift arm and tendon, which only took a grand total of 5 mins and $15, and it's all good now. The dealer was completely willing to warranty it and fix it, but my dealer is over an hour away so I decided to just take care of it.