Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:47 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:35 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

Here is a video of catching a bull red fish in my Pro Angler and bring him in a little "green".

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz-HZHUYFSc[/youtube]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:12 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Great video mythman, looks like a lotta fun. Great choice of music also, are they your 'local' band?

Also, Why is it, on this website, that a post can have 50 odd people view your post that you have spent hours putting together, and never post a comment?
Just an observation. On http://www.vyak.net/, one post can get you a 100 replies!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:19 am 
Site Admin

I suppose that being an international website / forum... you get less of the "local / friends" kind of replies than you do on your kayak fishing forum.

But... the Hobie forums are smokin on total topics and posts... over 102,000 posts and almost 15,000 topics running now. That likely thins things out a bit too.

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:47 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Nice fish and video. I've seen some great video on fly fishing for red fishing near New Orleansd on one of the Fish Eye videos (Vol. 3 "Get Bent"). http://www.fisheyevideos.com/Issue3.html It looks like great fun. I'd like to try it next time I go to a convention in New Orleans.

One question and a comment: Are you practicing catch and realease or are you keeping the fish to eat? If catch and release, my question is: why not use a net to land the fish? It will prevent damage to the fish and your equipment. Just a thought...

Tight lines,

Bob

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:55 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

could be jealously!!! lol! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:42 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

mmiller wrote:
I suppose that being an international website / forum... you get less of the "local / friends" kind of replies than you do on your Virginia kayak fishing forum.

But... the Hobie forums are smokin on total topics and posts... over 102,000 posts and almost 15,000 topics running now. That likely thins things out a bit too.

Yeah, that's VICTORIA, (AUSTRALIA) somewhere down there! :roll: :roll: :lol: :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:47 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

Bozzie wrote:
Great video mythman, looks like a lotta fun. Great choice of music also, are they your 'local' band?

Also, Why is it, on this website, that a post can have 50 odd people view your post that you have spent hours putting together, and never post a comment?
Just an observation. On http://www.vyak.net/, one post can get you a 100 replies!

No problem with the number of comments from me.............I don't post for comments but to share kayaking experiences. But this site doesn't even rank in the top 10 on limited responses..............I got one Kayak/Fishing site I posted to and there have been 191 views without a comment..........so I assume they weren't interested and I won't waste their time anymore. :D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:09 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Yeah, that's VICTORIA, (AUSTRALIA) somewhere down there! :roll: :roll: :lol: :wink:

So much for my text scanning skills! I stand corrected!

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:48 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

HAHA, that fish flipping from one side to the other would have likely flipped me in my Frenzy. Just one of the MANY reasons I spent my tax return on a new 2010 PA!