Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:30 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Proper pedalling form
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:27 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

IS there a proper form ,as knee fully extended or slightly bent or starting from the front of the foot went pushing and finishing with the heel fully press in. I did about 8 km last night wearing size 12 water shoe i find my self hitting the top of the cutting board from time to time ,could be my shoe need to be engage deeper into the pedal/ foot ?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:21 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I would adjust the length a little bit on the Mirage Drive, you might have to scoot your but up on the seat and lean back more but it will helpwith the hitting the cutting board part. I use the balls of my feet while pedaling and have never had that problem but I pedal barefoot also.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:24 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

You can generate the greatest amount of power for the least stress and strain if your legs are at nearly full extension when one pedal is pushed all the way forward. There should be just a slight bend in your knee at that point.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:25 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Tom Kirkman wrote:
You can generate the greatest amount of power for the least stress and strain if your legs are at nearly full extension when one pedal is pushed all the way forward. There should be just a slight bend in your knee at that point.

Thanks it just seem common sense not to lock you,re knee up in full stroke ,but how much should you,re foot be engage into the paddle for proper full strike and what the most aerobic motion ? being a runner and biker those are thing than make a diff.. when going long dist...do like all info.. thanks