Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Others on Hateraid
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:59 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Tom Kirkman wrote:
Or just tell them the same thing I do - "I already have several boats so it was either this or blow it on more cars and women."

AhhhHaaaa! AhhhhhhhhHaaaaaa! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:14 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

copterchief wrote:
but his biggest thing was "you can't back up and I can".

I can see it now. I know myself well enough to know I probably would have said something like, "Backing up eh...(remove sunglasses) that's like saying you're trying to remove yourself from a (now with emphasis) DIFFICULT SITUATION. Is that what you're really saying?"

I know I'm not the biggest fella out there but I am 6'-4" 300 lbs. I'm the second oldest of five brothers and yet I'm the small one. What can I say Momma ate beef when she was pregnant and us kids were corn fed.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:44 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

redgrappler wrote:
Have you all ever found others that look at you on your PA with a look of displeasure? I overheard several people saying that for the price we paid for the PA you they could've gotten a boat. Since I was in earshot, I just told the the truth...nicely of course :)

1. I have been out on my PA in the past couple of weeks than I have when I had my boat. Even more, than I have with my other three kayaks (Wildy Ride, LL Manta Ray, and Prowler 15). All were gread kayaks.

2. I don't have to pay for insurance, taxes, boat licenses.

3. Maintenance is very minimal compared to a boat. I had a problem on my boat that cost me almost $1500..

4. Portability is simple

5. Finally, GAS!!!! If I still had my boat, every outing would cost me, a whole lot.

I love paddling to get to my fishing destinations but I love peddling even better. I worry less about the wind.

Also if you had a boat you would have friends who want to go fishing with you. Glad for my PA only ME

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:56 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

wbrewski wrote:
redgrappler wrote:
Have you all ever found others that look at you on your PA with a look of displeasure? I overheard several people saying that for the price we paid for the PA you they could've gotten a boat. Since I was in earshot, I just told the the truth...nicely of course :)

1. I have been out on my PA in the past couple of weeks than I have when I had my boat. Even more, than I have with my other three kayaks (Wildy Ride, LL Manta Ray, and Prowler 15). All were gread kayaks.

2. I don't have to pay for insurance, taxes, boat licenses.

3. Maintenance is very minimal compared to a boat. I had a problem on my boat that cost me almost $1500..

4. Portability is simple

5. Finally, GAS!!!! If I still had my boat, every outing would cost me, a whole lot.

I love paddling to get to my fishing destinations but I love peddling even better. I worry less about the wind.

Also if you had a boat you would have friends who want to go fishing with you. Glad for my PA only ME

Amen brother!