Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:24 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:06 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I have a PA 17t and I try and keep my "stuff" as neatly packed away as possible, so I have room to move around while keeping the kayak as light as possible. What are your favorite ways to organize your fishing accessories?

I have two H-Rail tackle bins which I store a variety of items. I have a Lucid fishing grip that fits nicely into one of the pre cut holes in the outside of the box. I notice some people have the box on the outside of the rails but I keep mine on the inside. Having it on the outside would definitely create more room but I'm concerned that the H-Rail clasp might come undone (as it sometimes comes loose). Any thoughts on that? For those of you who use the tackle bins, what do you use the other pre cut holes for? Wondering what Hobie envisioned they would be used for.

I also find limited use for the net pouches in the hatch bins. The rubber nets on the side of the Kayak are nice for small stuff, and I mainly put my garbage or cut fishing line to store so later I can dispose of it properly.

I have seen some after market pouches that go on the side of the Vantage seats which look cool. Just not sure what else to put in there.

Looking to hear about your preferred setups.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zieman Trailer w/ Cradles

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:29 am 
Site Rank - Captain

On my PA 12 I have removed the tip out tackle trays. I prefer the rectangular Hatch Bucket, (Part # 71709001) I use an H-Crate for my tackle trays and find that the bucket provides much more usable space.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:07 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I've minimized these days to keep it simple. I also use the replacement tub in the center hatch and keep essentials there. I use the rod holder tubes in the front during transport and then leash rods in the ones behind the seat while on the water. I only take three. I have a home made (Home Depot plant stake) stakeout pole that also stays in the rod storage tubes when not in use. Tackle box under the seat secured by a web, Tackle Webs on the sides of the seat, a small tackle bag for extra lures, etc. behind the seat. I don't use a crate any more, it's simpler this way for me. Everything is in easy reach and 90% is in or on the PA while trailering. Launch and go, fast and easy.