Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Question for Moderators
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:20 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Several months ago I wanted to weld up some holes in my Jackson Cuda. I emailed Jackson and asked to purchase some scraps in my color. Within just a few days a package arrived at my door with several scrap pieces, no charge. Jackson even paid the postage.

I purchased a new dune PA 14 a couple of months back and may want to weld up a couple of holes I have drilled in it. I emailed Hobie Customer Service several weeks ago and have yet to receive a response of any kind. Do I need to go through my dealer to get scrap material or is there someone else at Hobie I should contact. I am more than willing to pay for the scrap. Thanks in advance for the reply.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:40 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Check the inside of your boat carefully - mine had a few plastic discs left inside where openings had been cut for several hatches and whatnot.

My 2011 is the original green color, but you'd be welcome to some of my scraps if you want.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:08 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Thanks for the offer, Tom, but I'd like to match the color of my boat if possible.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:59 am 
Site Rank - Captain

YakerJack wrote:
Several months ago I wanted to weld up some holes in my Jackson Cuda. I emailed Jackson and asked to purchase some scraps in my color. Within just a few days a package arrived at my door with several scrap pieces, no charge. Jackson even paid the postage.

I purchased a new dune PA 14 a couple of months back and may want to weld up a couple of holes I have drilled in it. I emailed Hobie Customer Service several weeks ago and have yet to receive a response of any kind. Do I need to go through my dealer to get scrap material or is there someone else at Hobie I should contact. I am more than willing to pay for the scrap. Thanks in advance for the reply.

I would check with your local dealer. I'm sure they would have scraps in your color, and would probably help with the repair if needed.