Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:02 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:24 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Anyone have a rig like this. Will a PA 14 and an Outback fit on the 78".? Will the rollers hold the weight of the PA with gear? Thanks

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 5:07 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Dan i have the racknroll with the smaller 66" bars and would say both should fit on the 78". As for the hully rollers, no way! I had nothing but issues with mine and my PA. Too heavy. Do yourself a favor and make 3" PVC bunks. Easy and works like a champ for loading, offloading, and storing right on the trailer. Google it for step by step instructions. I believe someone on this forum posted it.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 5:09 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I have the 66" bars and they wouldnt fit on them, but should on the 78". As for the hully rollers, the PA was too heavy for mine and I had nothing but issues. Do yourself a favor and add 3" pvc bunks to your trailer and be done with it. Very easy to load/unload/store the PA on. Instructions are on this forum.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 5:09 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I have the 66" bars and they wouldnt fit on them, but should on the 78". As for the hully rollers, the PA was too heavy for mine and I had nothing but issues. Do yourself a favor and add 3" pvc bunks to your trailer and be done with it. Very easy to load/unload/store the PA on. Instructions are on this forum.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 10:42 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

Outback and PA will not be an issue for you. I have the 78" and have hauled 2 PA14s on PVC bunks with no problem. Make sure you have the upgraded shocks to carry heavier loads.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 6:30 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Wndrfl (Mike),

I have a 78" Rack and Roll and would be interested in seeing how you installed the PVC pipes onto for the two PA 14's. I am interested in carrying two PA 14's on mine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gladdly

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:22 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

Gladdly,

Sorry for the late reply. I've been offline for a couple months. I'm guessing you already found a solutions but I'll post some pictures anyway. It is not the prettiest job, but it I've had the PVC on there for almost 2 years now and have not had a single issue. The only disadvantage to the PVC bunks is that you can't store the trailer in the upright position.

1" stainless U-bolt: