Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:41 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Yakiddy Yak wrote:
Match here too. I wish they would state what the Vantage seat's capacity is like they do with camp chairs - just for piece of mind. Some "heavy duty" ones can max out at 225-250. There's a recent post on tearing on the older seat which I could see happening more quickly with me in it...

I can't see there being an issue between the seat being elevated or not...? I think the support/quality lies in the material and stitching strength. Maybe another poster who has one (I have to wait 'till mid-April to place my order :( ) could say if the seat in the up position plus the armrests might make for a more controlled... landing :lol: That could reduce wear and tear.

I liked the new seat personally and certainly wouldn't want it to give out prematurely. More bells and whistles, more things to go wrong... The old seat, if I remember right, you are still supported by material, it's not a hard seat or supported by the floor underneath. (I realize you may already know that just thinking out loud -it's something I should get on asking
my dealer about)

pretty sure it's 350 lbs for the vantage chair and 600 for the whole boat (PA 14).

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:24 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Correct on the Vantage seat capacity of 350# max.....On my 2013 PA-14, it is stenciled in white letters, located in the center of the back, horizontal-bottom seat tube...you can't miss it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:58 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Be sure to get the stainless buckle straps too.. mine failed and I broke the seat... just received the replacement in time for this weekend.. 2012 pro angler 14