Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:06 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:44 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Jab9301 wrote:
Captain,

Another friend (also owns a PA) and I discussed a larger rudder might help but didn't think about running with 2 rudders. I see how that can be of help. Did you run both rudders to same turning control? who purchased a PA

I ran lines from the quadrant that rotates the OEM rudder to the Twist and Stow, so they both turn the same amount at the same time in the same direction. I don't want to get in a useless urination tournament on this forum. I have done a lot with vehicles in the water. Got paid big bucks to control them. Air vehicles too. Same principles just a different rho for the fluid. Designed the first folding curved deployable fins for a multi mach missile and tested them for flutter in a wind tunnel. Found a non contact way to determine the first seven modes of vibration for those fins and for the wind tunnel models. Tuned the wind tunnel models to prevent divergence in the unsteady flow period as the tunnel transitioned from sonic to supersonic flow.

Don't know too much though.

Some random Modification Pictures

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:38 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Allelectric .......... don't think there will be a match on your comments. I think it's brillant.

The PA does need a steering enhancement and the double rudder is a GREAT idea. I do the same thing with the Torqeedo and it turns on a dime. Have to be careful at full speed though because it is so quick. Love the twist and stow idea on the PA ........... would solve the Evolve rear mount problems and make the EVOLVE the best solution on the PA. they would just have to work out using 1 cord to pull up the evolve and the rudder at the same time. HINT HINT if Hobie is listening.