Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:23 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:30 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I was at a boat the Toronto boat show this week hoping to get more info and buy an Angler (if there was a deal).
I was disappointed even though there were 22 Hobie dealers there.

Anyways, I don't see the specs or brochure for either the 12' or 14' models.
I am looking at things like rod holder length and quantity capacity, relative turning radius etc.
The hull specs from a boating perspective were good but I am looking for other items.

where online can I get the full specs online?
I often question my balance, Is the H-bar a popular option on the newer models?

thank-you

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:56 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Finding a "deal" on a Hobie (any Hobie) is almost a pipe dream, dealers sell them at list and I've never seen one discounted unless it was a demo or a left over a dealer really wanted to get rid of at year's end. Used ones hold their valve very well also. Rod tubes: PA-14 has 6, the PA-12 has 4. I have a 2012 PA-14 and 7' rods are no problem on the right side, left side due to steering handle will take several 6' - 6'6" rods, may be better suited to hold longer rods on the 2103 & later model as the steering lever was relocated. PA-14 does not turn well when first starting from a stop or at slow speed due to rudder location being under the boat and not hanging off the tail. It does respond fairly well once it's moving. It can be maneuvered in tight spots with the paddle, but not very well using the drive & rudder and I would not call it a kayak that is easily paddled. The PA-14 is also pretty heavy and I transport with a trailer, it is also not suited for a long drag or portage over rough ground. It's a big lake/reservoir/river craft and I would not recommend it for small, shallow creeks but for big water fishing there isn't anything like it for comfort and the ability to carry everything you need for a day on the water. Most of the specs are right here on the Hobie web site.

http://www.hobiecat.com/mirage/mirage-p ... -14/specs/