Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:31 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hello everyone. I just registered on this site. This past Saturday (Sept. 13th) I went to a kayak demo and put down a down payment on a 2015 14' Pro Angler. I would have purchased the 2014, but there wasn't a single one the in Texas area. Now, I'm glad that I went with the 2015 model because of the changes that have been incorporated into it. The only problem is that the dealer doesn't have the 2015s yet. They told me I would get it mid to late October. I hope they're wrong and I get it sooner. :D

I've been watching youtube video after video and reading articles about it. I just have so many plans for it. The mounting rails are dodecagon, meaning 12 sided. Since I have some metal working tools, welders, and a metal lathe, I plan to build my own accessory mounts. Does anybody know the dimensions of the h rail from flat to flat?

Does anybody know when shipping will actually begin?

I live at a waterfront canal in North Padre Island near Corpus Christi, TX. Though I have a 22' motor boat, having a kayak will be awesome. The only kind of fishing I will do is saltwater. While I'm fairly skilled at that, as soon as I become comfortable, I want to go offshore with a companion on the kayaks. The gas wells are about 5 miles from shore and I've see other kayakers do well there.

I enjoy reading this forum and will gladly share tips and ideas once I get my 'yak.

Carlos