Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:59 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:02 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Request some help here. I have posted a link to pics of a pro angler 14 2014 with an unidentified trolling motor mount. I purchased this yak used and not from the original owner, seems he had a gambling problem. If anyone recognizes this trolling mtr mount rig I would be much obliged. I would like to get the correct interface mount to use, l have a bad back and love to go fishing a lot even though my back says no 3/4 of the time.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:15 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

It's a base for a removable mount that goes to the actual motor. I'd check cabelas, bass pros first. Chances are that's where people buy something like that first.

The two horizontal holes at the front and rear of the base are for pins to hold the trolling motor part in place.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:20 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

The black mounting plate looks to be custom made (unless someone knows otherwise). I would say dont worry about the actual white mounting plate, that is specific to a type of trolling motor. Any you buy is going to come with it's own mounting plate.

What you need to think about is what type of TM you want to install, and how you want to control it. A simple non-articulating TM, letting the rudder alone do the work, where all you need is on/off and a dial to control speed or something like the Torqeedo that can be tied into the rudder. You also need to figure out how you want to power the motor. TM battery in the box in the back tank well, or under the seat, or inside the front hatch. Check the forums for TM mounting options. There are a lot of discussions going on.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100005695487937

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:26 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

i can see the platform was bolted using the factory handle bolts. Any other bolts? Can you pls show how it was bolted in the rear deck. I cannot figure out from the picture.Thanks.