Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:45 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:46 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

I fell in love with my PA 14 2016 sitting in a trailex with cradles and now wanting to buy a PA 17T so I can go out fishing with my wife. My Q is can I use my existing PA 14 trailex for this PA 17T? Is the current cradle spacing ok for PA 17T?
Nice if I can just keep one trailer for both PA14 and 17. I only plan to use the trailer for transporting the kayaks. I can setup a platform with PVC in my garage for storing them.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:22 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

The cradles for the PA 17T do differ in size, and slightly in shape from the PA 12/14 cradle set. FYI, we partnered with Trailex to create a complete transport solution, specifically for the PA 17T. The complete transport solution includes:

- Trailex PA 17T trailer (part no. 38652202)
    - PA 17T Cradle set (part no. 72020404)
    - Dolly Hanger Kit (part no. 72020405)
    - PA 17T dolly w/ beach wheels (part no. 80046202) OR PA 17T dolly w/ Tuff Tires (part no. 80046102)

Check out the YouTube product overview of the Trailex PA 17T trailer system with optional cradles, dolly, and dolly hanger kit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNcxUZCPgZI

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:21 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Thanks.

That's a very nice setup. That will be my next trailer. I like the combo setup (with a dolly). But I need to sell my existing trailex first. And I also need to find out from trailex if they can modify that to have a second level for my PA 14 so I can transport both.

In the meantime, I'll just replace the cradle with a PVC so I can use the trailer for both PA14 and PA17T while planning for a trailer which can transport both PA.