Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:47 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Just order 2017 PA14
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:10 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I am new to the sport and decided to jump in with the new 2017 camo PA14. Ordered today and joined this forum looking for anyone in the Indianapolis area looking for another friend to yak with. Can't wait until it comes in and try it.

Post subject: Re: Just order 2017 PA14
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:40 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

If you ever get into Illinois, give me a shout, I am from the St. Louis area. We are headed to Shelbyville Il next weekend. I fish most of Middle and Southern Illinois from Decatur to south of Carbondale. We have an office in Indianapolis, but I am not familiar with the lakes around there.

Your going to love the new PA14. Got mine back in March and have been going out almost daily. Very jealous of anyone that is going to have reverse before I will! I like to get an hour or two of fishing in before sitting at my desk making the Internet work. There is nothing like watching the sunrise from the water to get your day started off on the right foot. If I happen to snag a nice bass, it starts off even better!

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100005695487937

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:57 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I ordered one also. Can't wait till it arrives. I was hoping it would arrive by this weekend but I guess not. The wait killing me. I've been passing the time by learning as much as I can on forums and videos. Tons of good info out there.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:09 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I have a 2017 PA 12 on order and waiting too! Can't wait to get it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:14 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

STLKayak wrote:
If you ever get into Illinois, give me a shout, I am from the St. Louis area. We are headed to Shelbyville Il next weekend. I fish most of Middle and Southern Illinois from Decatur to south of Carbondale. We have an office in Indianapolis, but I am not familiar with the lakes around there.

Your going to love the new PA14. Got mine back in March and have been going out almost daily. Very jealous of anyone that is going to have reverse before I will! I like to get an hour or two of fishing in before sitting at my desk making the Internet work. There is nothing like watching the sunrise from the water to get your day started off on the right foot. If I happen to snag a nice bass, it starts off even better!

Thanks STL. Good luck next week. Mine will not be in for a few weeks but I may reach out to you some time. Checked out you FB page, nice lake picture.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:02 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Dtreen wrote:
Thanks STL. Good luck next week. Mine will not be in for a few weeks but I may reach out to you some time. Checked out you FB page, nice lake picture.

Just joined 'the facebook' a few weeks ago. Posting nothing by pictures of fish! Oh, and the odd cat, just to mix things up.

I had a kick-ass day yesterday, caught 25 bass, one over 4 and one just under. Hopefully Shelbyville treats us half as well this weekend. Either way, three days away from the computer, with nothing but water, and some good friends, should do the mind good. Hope to see you on the water soon!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:09 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Dtreen

I ordered an outback at the beginning of September. And am also new to this forum. It's killing me to wait for my new plastic ride. By the way I live in Avon Indiana. We should hook up to fish when our yaks arrive.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:12 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I also have a 2017 pa14 ordered and just found out it will not be arriving this Friday. I feel like a child that just found out that Christmas was just postponed for two weeks. I've been spending a ridiculous amount of money on accessories for this thing so that has been holding me over but now I need the damn boat, a trailer and power pole micro. Not looking forward to putting this thing on top of my Jeep with a 4" lift. Looks like I'll be taking the Coosa out this weekend and paddling the old fashioned way. I think we have enough people for a support group :lol:

Stlkayak

I live in Eureka mo and I think I know why you fish in Illinois. Not many public lakes around worth fishing in my experience. I've read good things about lake Shelbyville but haven't ever made the trip. You ever tried any of the lakes at pyramid state park?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:25 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Joeroe wrote:
I live in Eureka mo and I think I know why you fish in Illinois. Not many public lakes around worth fishing in my experience. I've read good things about lake Shelbyville but haven't ever made the trip. You ever tried any of the lakes at pyramid state park?

Joe - I was there two weeks ago. As usual I had the whole park to myself. Fished Boulder. I used to go there a lot when I paddled my Cuda. Seemed a lot bigger before I got my PA14. I have fished 10 lakes of the main park and many of the sub-pyramid strip pits. There are a lot of times I go down to Kinkaid and will stop by PSP on the way home. It is a beautiful park, but I have never caught anything big there... but I have caught a TON of dinks.

Last year I watched coyotes chase a deer into boulder lake... that deer swan dived into the lake 50 feet from me, swam across and climbed up the steep bank across the lake like it was nothing. Oh and I got into a fight with a raccoon there once, who would have been turned into a hat if I was not afraid of Pita having me arrested for shooting an innocent raccoon. It was mostly a verbal sparring... not sure who won.

Took this picture two Sunday's ago...

You buy from Tri-State Trolling Motor? They are moving their shop. The old guy that owns the place can be salty, probably why I like them. Just added a Lowrance Elite-7 TI to my PA. Waffeling on PowerPole Micro. I want it, but then I wonder how much I will use it...and yet another battery to charge. I will be first in line to buy the 180 when it is released to us 2016 and older boat owners.

Let me know if you want to hit the water sometime. Your going to find the PA opens up whole new bodies of water to you. I actually prefer fishing on windy days with chop, where I used to dread paddling on those days.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:08 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

STLKayak wrote:
Joeroe wrote:

Joe - I was there two weeks ago. As usual I had the whole park to myself. Fished Boulder. I used to go there a lot when I paddled my Cuda. Seemed a lot bigger before I got my PA14. I have fished 10 lakes of the main park and many of the sub-pyramid strip pits. There are a lot of times I go down to Kinkaid and will stop by PSP on the way home. It is a beautiful park, but I have never caught anything big there... but I have caught a TON of dinks.

Last year I watched coyotes chase a deer into boulder lake... that deer swan dived into the lake 50 feet from me, swam across and climbed up the steep bank across the lake like it was nothing. Oh and I got into a fight with a raccoon there once, who would have been turned into a hat if I was not afraid of Pita having me arrested for shooting an innocent raccoon. It was mostly a verbal sparring... not sure who won.

Took this picture two Sunday's ago...

You buy from Tri-State Trolling Motor? They are moving their shop. The old guy that owns the place can be salty, probably why I like them. Just added a Lowrance Elite-7 TI to my PA. Waffeling on PowerPole Micro. I want it, but then I wonder how much I will use it...and yet another battery to charge. I will be first in line to buy the 180 when it is released to us 2016 and older boat owners.

Let me know if you want to hit the water sometime. Your going to find the PA opens up whole new bodies of water to you. I actually prefer fishing on windy days with chop, where I used to dread paddling on those days.

Tri-State had a listing on Craigslist. They were selling some 2016 pa14's at a discounted rate to avoid moving them when they get their new building. I put $200 down on one, went home and realized Hobie was coming out with the 180 drive so I had them put the $200 down on a 2017. I like salty people. You always know where you stand with them.

I have a dragonfly 7 on my Coosa HD since it has a scupper designed for the Raymarine transducer. I went ahead and ordered a new transducer for the PA and plan on modifying the lorance ready plate. The Coosa HD is powerpole ready and a lot of the places I have been going will work great with it. I just bought an anchor trolley for the Pa for now. I figured my locations may change with the PA and the PP micro may not be as useful. The trailer on the other hand will be a must. A jeep with a 4" lift, Gobi roof rack, 35" tires, hully rollers and maco saddles is'nt the best option for this pig of a kayak. Adding the boonedox landing gear and a bunch of other stuff is going to make this thing pretty heavy.

Thanks for the offer and I will definitely take you up on that. I've only just begun taking fishing seriously so going with someone with valuable knowledge would be great.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:11 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Have any of you heard anything about when Hobie will be shipping the 2017's? I was told they were around 2 weeks behind and don't want to bug my local dealer too much so if you guys get a call please let the rest of us know.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:37 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Joeroe wrote:
Have any of you heard anything about when Hobie will be shipping the 2017's? I was told they were around 2 weeks behind and don't want to bug my local dealer too much so if you guys get a call please let the rest of us know.

Bug them Joe! Trust me, when you get this new PA, your going to have people bugging the heck out of you wanting to try reverse!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:54 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

STLKayak wrote:
Joeroe wrote:

Bug them Joe! Trust me, when you get this new PA, your going to have people bugging the heck out of you wanting to try reverse!

I took your advise and called my local dealer and they have not heard anything lately. He also said he didn't blame me for calling and seemed happy to take the call. Last he heard was that they might have started shipping last Friday but hasn't heard anything since then and has no idea when they will arrive. I was originally told that they might show up in late September so this wait is not fun. I have my Lowrance Elte Ti 7, battery and boonedox landing gear sitting on my desk for me to install as soon as it arrives. I was hoping to use it before I have foot surgery on the 12th, but it is not looking like that will happen. I plan on using the PA14 as part of my rehab so there is that to look forward to. Just another reason/excuse to go fishing. :)

I will post something if I hear anything new.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:49 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I called and no luck. ACK has them in stock according to their website so I'm sure they will be in soon.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:00 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I called the Indy Hobie dealer and they're still saying between Octt 15-20th.