Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:06 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:14 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Here are a few things I learned while doing this install. First, the spacers they sent for the H-rail were not thick enough. I contacted them and they are aware of the problem and are in the final stages of making the correct spacers and will send them out to whomever needs them. I spent almost a hour or two trying to use the wire method of getting the backing plate in position and had zero luck. What worked for me and took less than a few minutes was to get a paint stick and use double sided tape and stick the backing plate onto it. I would then put the bolt closest to the front in and slide the backing plate until I made contact and then wiggle it back and forth until I could get it started. After that, it was a breeze. I will post some pictures once I complete the few mods I am doing.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:34 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Same problem here. Just got off the phone with them and was told that they are expecting a shipment of the needed parts Monday. The guy I talked to said around 45 people have called with this issue and they are releasing a new 2017 PA kit.

I haven't even started the install since I need a 29" bar to put the landing gear behind my seat. I didn't want to have to fish the backing plate twice. Are you waiting on a bar also? It's nice to see Boonedox taking care of us even though they never claimed it would work with a 2017 PA.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:53 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I had to buy the bar separate. They call it their "LG Pro Kit". Came with the longer bar and spacers, but the spacers were not thick enough. I just went to home depot and bought some stainless steel fender washers that were the same size as the plastic washers and just used those. Cost about $5 for the 8 washers I bought.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:33 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I bought a kit for the PA but the bar was 4" too short to work directly behind the seat. I guess the LG stands for long. Looks like I screwed up on that one but Boonedox is still sending me a 29" bar for free after I offered to pay for it. They are sending me a return label to return the unused bars. Very impressed with their customer service. Can't wait to be impressed with the convenience of their product.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:42 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Just checked ACK's website and I bought the only PA kit they offer. It shows a PA with the landing gear mounted directly behind the seat so not sure what happened there.