Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:24 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:23 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I would like to purchase a 180 Miragedrive spares kit but can't find one. I see the v2 kit but not one for the 180. Any help you give will be appreciated.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:39 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I believe that the 180 is not available as an upgrade as there are too many differences between the 'old' drive (v1, v2 & Glide). So unless i'm wrong my understanding it is complete drive only.

If it is parts you are looking for for a 180- drive then I believe there is a delay until complete drives are sorted

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:54 am 
Site Admin

The masts, fins and spine assemblies are in short supply for a few more months. We have some parts if a failure does occur.

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:04 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Thanks for the help guys.

Zarbs

I have a 180 drive. I was just looking for a spare parts kit to keep on the board with some basic tools. I'd hate to have to paddle this thing back a couple miles without the mirage drive.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:58 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Joeroe wrote:

Zarbs

I have a 180 drive. I was just looking for a spare parts kit to keep on the board with some basic tools. I'd hate to have to paddle this thing back a couple miles without the mirage drive.

Joeroe

I did the same thing when I bought my PA in March. Bought spare everything, but I have never had to use any of it, yet, and I have been going out almost daily. Actually, I have used an extra shaft just so I could quick change a bent one, versus straightening, but that was just laziness more than necessity. You might bend a shaft hitting a stump in our neck of the woods, but you would really have to screw up to do enough damage to strand yourself. Now, if you take that beast down one of our rivers, like the Meramec. Huzzah or Jacks Fork, or all bets are off!

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100005695487937

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:52 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

STLKayak wrote:
Joeroe wrote:

Zarbs

Joeroe

I did the same thing when I bought my PA in March. Bought spare everything, but I have never had to use any of it, yet, and I have been going out almost daily. Actually, I have used an extra shaft just so I could quick change a bent one, versus straightening, but that was just laziness more than necessity. You might bend a shaft hitting a stump in our neck of the woods, but you would really have to screw up to do enough damage to strand yourself. Now, if you take that beast down one of our rivers, like the Meramec. Huzzah or Jacks Fork, or all bets are off!

Yea, I think I'll take the Coosa on those rivers. Jacks fork was my first fast water float and the reason I bought the Coosa HD. I was inexperienced, the boat was overloaded and the guy steering the boat was drinking too much so we ended up flipping over twice and almost died once. Our friends in the other canoe had a couple good laughs. We did a 3 day 2 night trip and loved every minute of it. Well maybe not every minute. It's definitely a beautiful place and I can't wait to go back but I'm definitely not depending on the same guy to steer the boat. If I'm going to flip it's going to be my fault this time and my stuff will be secure in the hatch of the coosa.