Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:31 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:20 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I picked up my newest Hobie Pro Angler 14. I got this one in camo...my dune PA 14 was lonely.

Plans for this one.

Lowrance Carbon 9 with 3D StructureScan with Navionics Platinum+ charts using BerleyPro mount for the transducer.
Lowrance Point-1
Bioenno Power 30Ah LiFePO4 Battery
Power-Pole micro anchor
Yak Power wiring system
Anchor Wizard for deeper waters

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:49 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Have you seen a yak-power wiring setup in a PA yet? I am mostly interested in powering accessories so not sure I really would benefit from ease of switching. It is a very clean system though and may still go that route. I'm thinking USB charger, volt meter, and a plug to charge vhf radio. I do like the single power switch that they offer.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:42 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

Very nice Mtmouse!!!! I know how it feels. I had to make a similar purchase b/c I was tired of seeing my two Olive PA's sitting in the garage with no one to play with. Then my wife couldn't stand it and had to have a matching camo Outback! LOL

That new Lowrance Carbon 9 looks pretty nice as well! I'm a Humminbird guy myself but definitely appreciate the bigger screen sizes that are becoming the norm on kayaks these days! Have you used the Bioenno LiFePO4 batteries before. I haven't swapped any of mine over to lithium batteries yet. I'm running 22aH SLA batteries in all of mine currently. That is the next upgrade that I'm interested in for my boats.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:08 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Ring King wrote:
Have you used the Bioenno LiFePO4 batteries before. I haven't swapped any of mine over to lithium batteries yet. I'm running 22aH SLA batteries in all of mine currently. That is the next upgrade that I'm interested in for my boats.

I'm running Bioenno Power 20Ah battery on my other PA with a Lowrance Elite-9 Ti. I've only had it out a couple times since the switch over. The one day I was out for 6 hours; I used my lights for the first hour of the morning and I had my iPad plugged in all day. When I got home and put it on the charger, I had somewhere between 50-75% left according to the charger.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:19 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

Power is something that took me a while to get figured out. I had to find a way to power everything for 12-16hrs at a time without damaging the life of my batteries. In the summers it's not uncommon for me to do 16hrs on the water at a time. The 22aH SLA batteries have served me well. I use my SuperNova LED lights sparingly and keep the fish finder "brilliance" setting turned down a bit to conserve power.