It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:39 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: 2018 PRO ANGLER
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:38 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Alstang1 wrote:
Where can one find photos of 2018?

https://www.hobie.com/kayaks/mirage-pro-angler-14/

I don't want to come across too harsh, and I don't want to be removed from the forum... but you would think that folks at Hobie (I mean everyone) would want to talk up the new 2018 models since they just announced them. I know that they are proud of the new Compass and several new colors available for who knows which kayaks. But it seems like the 2018 section of the forum is getting as many visitors (posts) as a leper colony. I know that ashamed wouldn't be an accurate way to describe the staff, but I would at least expect some hype, explanation(s), commercials... Please tell me what I am missing.

The added screws to the two front mounting boards, are we not to be concerned with added screws being added or is it just a "more holes verses value added" selling feature? It's like I said before: "Kinda like waking up on your Birthday only to find your last years gift wrapped up for this year and everybody hovering around asking what do ya think... do you like it, do ya like it? Yea, Sure... Thanks everyone!"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:30 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

For the last few years I have been confused with exactly what all H-rail stuff is included. Photo shows cup holder, not listed. 6 horizontal rod holders listed, photo shows bracket for only 3. They spend so much money on tournaments to promote their product, but sometimes leave the easiest selling technique to the wayside. I ask several different hobie dealers each year, and don't get a straight up answer. Is there an available packing list for this product?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:08 pm 
Site Admin

We have been pretty busy with shows, new introductions to dealers and now and all sales staff are at one now. I was on vacation all last week, so have not been in the forums until today. Howie will jump in here soon with some answers.

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:42 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

The major differences in 2018 vs. 2017 PA:
1. New MD 180 Arc drive with turbo fins (redesigned cranks arm with push button adjustment on the top of the crank)
2. New accessory mounting boards with clip points, knife holder and track for mounting accessories.
Accessory Deluxe Mounting Board kit - PA, part 84502121
3. New Orange Papaya color is slightly more rich and "orange" than the past model years Papaya color
4. New improved front hatch seal
5. New redesigned logo

Cup holder is included just as last year, PA 14 has horizontal rod storage for 6 rods, PA 12 has horizontal storage for 4 rods, H-rail length stayed the same...no other major changes.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:23 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

Looking forward to getting my new 2018 camo PA14 in about 2 weeks if my dealers shipment comes in as planned!! I can post a pic up of the new one alongside my 2017 and 2015 as comparisons if it would help some of you.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:06 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

HStrech wrote:
1. New MD 180 Arc drive with turbo fins (redesigned cranks arm with push button adjustment on the top of the crank)
2. New accessory mounting boards with clip points, knife holder and track for mounting accessories.
3. New Orange Papaya color is slightly more rich and "orange" than the past model years Papaya color
5. New redesigned logo

Cup holder is included just as last year, PA 14 has horizontal rod storage for 6 rods, PA 12 has horizontal storage for 4 rods, H-rail length stayed the same...no other major changes.

I just recently purchased a 2017 Pro Angler 14. My question is will the new front hatch seal work with my 2017 PA?
Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:20 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Thanks for all the help guys. Just ordered my first Hobie product since 87 where I bought a stick at balboa beach company in Palm Springs. Picked up the 2018 pa14. I'm excited to add it to the fleet and see how things go for me. I'll update when I can.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:21 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

HStrech wrote:

What track mounting system is compatible with?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:59 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Bumping this last question back up. Just got my PA14 2018 and was trying to mount the H Bar like I’ve seen in pictures using the tracks on the mounting boards. No hardware with the boat or the H Bar to accomplish this.

Am I missing something, or forgot to buy something? I got the H Bar kit with the H Rail clamps for the back legs. Just need 4 T- Screws and nuts to mount the front legs. Can’t find these anywhere.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:33 am 
Site Rank - Captain

HStrech wrote:
5. New redesigned logo

What's new for the 17T?