Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:27 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My PA14 Mods
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:44 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hey everyone, I recently bought a 16 PA 14 from a guy locally for a really good deal because it had the drive and seat stolen out of his truck. I've started putting it together how I like it and figured I would make a thread here with pics in case anyone else was interested. I took a shot and ordered the Seadek kit in the new yellow color. I hadn't seen any pics of it and just went for it to see how close it would be to the Hobie yellow. Obviously it turned out to be Safety Yellow, but I like it. In retrospect, I'm not sure if I would have went with the blue color, knowing how this looks now but I figured I'd post the pics here so everyone could see it. I also bought a drive from Kevin here on the forum(thanks) but just couldn't justify paying $600 for the Vantage seat. It took me a couple tries with different options until I landed on what I have now. I think it's going to work out great, picked it up from REI for like $60 and you can adjust the back via a strap. The cooler I chose is the Pelican elite 30qt, it fits perfectly behind the seat!

Post subject: Re: My PA14 Mods
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:02 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Great job fitting that seat. Even has the arm rests. Hope you've caught lots of fish, and that your retinas are okay.